Coffee

Options
heatherisaacs33
heatherisaacs33 Posts: 12 Member
Hey everyone! I am a HUGE starbucks white chocolate mocha Fan! I'm having a hard time not drinking it. Any ideas for coffee that would be just as good but MINUS the calories! :)

Replies

• Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    make it at home? :happy:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Fresh-roasted, fresh-ground, fresh-brewed, black coffee. 0 to 2 calories... Doesn't get better than a nice light-roasted Peruvian, Guatemalan, or Ethiopian bean.... Mmmm.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    They have a new line of Light Frappuccinos.
    My favorite is the Grande Mocha Frappuccino Light. 130 cals.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    bLACK
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    starbucks has sugar free syrups which are delicious which can be added to any hot or cold beverage. i believe they are 0 calories, but you might want to double check with the baristas. I really enjoy the sugarfree cinnamon dolce syrup in my iced coffee with a little skim milk. DELISH!

some people will say that you should avoid artificial sweeteners, though. for me, i don't use the sugarfree syrups all the time-- it's just if i want a sweet treat and want to save some calories. just thought i'd mention it!

:flowerforyou:
  • CaraGowan
    CaraGowan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just make my own version of mocha, by mixing my favorite "dark bold" coffee with a packet of Swiss Miss sugar free hot chocolate. It's not StarBucks, but it saves the calories and my dollars!!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Fresh-roasted, fresh-ground, fresh-brewed, black coffee. 0 to 2 calories... Doesn't get better than a nice light-roasted Peruvian, Guatemalan, or Ethiopian bean.... Mmmm.

This. The only thing that should be added to coffee is more coffee.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I finally got myself off the white chocolate mocha kick that I had going at the end of last year. Went to Starbucks a few times and forced myself to order an old favorite -- nonfat cafe misto (half steamed milk, half coffee) with sugar-free syrup. A grande has about 70 calories. Tall has 60 calories.
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just make my own version of mocha, by mixing my favorite "dark bold" coffee with a packet of Swiss Miss sugar free hot chocolate. It's not StarBucks, but it saves the calories and my dollars!!

HOW COME I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS?

you, my friend, are brilliant. i will be trying this later!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mdkdt8OqHe1qgcra2o1_400.gif

Brew your own at home.

I've never been a coffee drinker, but my boyfriend used to be obsessed with the stuff...adding like, a pound of sugar and oodles of cream to his mug. I got him to start drinking black coffee mixed with hot chocolate (cafe mocha) to help him wean off of all of the sugar. Then once he found out how horrible the fat/calorie/sugar intake still was, he eventually switched to black flavoured coffee.
    There are some pretty tasty k kup flavours out there, like chocolate caramel brownie, white chocolate raspberry and chocolate fudge. 4 calories a kup.
  • heatherisaacs33
    heatherisaacs33 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Agree!! Thank u!!!
  • JustMajor
    JustMajor Posts: 17
    Options

I do this same thing!!
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You could try out an Americano with white chocolate. It'll still have the same sweet flavor, though it'll be less creamy. As a former barista, I've seen many people wean themselves off the really high cal stuff doing things like this.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
  • chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I roast my own. Hot air pop corn popper and $7/lb beans. Ethiopia Harrar and just about anything from Central America are my go to beans. I drink it black, no suger/sweetener. Good stuff and way cheaper than pre-roasted store bought.

I've never really liked Starbucks, I think they over roast their coffee.

Edited for grammar.
  • agentaldrich
    Options
    8oz of coffee
    1 scoop of natural bounty chocolate protein powder (maybe the make a white chocolate one)
    1/4 cup of unsweeten almond milk
    ice.

I blend mine in my magic bullet (I love the thing) and that hits the spot, and give you volume without added too much milk/calories.

:drinker: Good luck and cheers
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    Getting sugar free will subtract a lot of calories - and the sugar free dark chocolate is really good.

Sometimes I'll make a "mocha" out of my morning coffee by brewing it strong, then adding some whole milk and a half scoop of my chocolate protein powder.
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I actually found that coffee, when ground at home and made well, is AWESOME by itself! sometimes I'll brew it with a half a cinnamon stick as well just for a little flavor burst, but good, fresh coffee (not Folgers mind you) is really hard to beat.

I'm a tea drinker too, and been drinking a lot more earl grey with lemon. no sugar.
  • nahiluoh
    nahiluoh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If I order something like a mocha, I ask for the sugar free version *and* make sure they use whole milk.
  • Blafily
    Blafily Posts: 21
    Options
    I actually found that coffee, when ground at home and made well, is AWESOME by itself! sometimes I'll brew it with a half a cinnamon stick as well just for a little flavor burst, but good, fresh coffee (not Folgers mind you) is really hard to beat.

I'm a tea drinker too, and been drinking a lot more earl grey with lemon. no sugar.

Folgers is what I brew in my Keurig.....sugar free syrups or truvia and 15ml of creamer......heaven