Accountability is a wonderful thing!

Options
I came across something while reading the other day (can't remember what it was in but I remember the point) that by putting a statement out into the world, you become more accountable for your actions. I've heard this before but it really rang true because I'm working to lose weight. Losing weight and becoming healthy isn't simple. You also have to improve your understanding of your emotions, wants, and needs. I'm much more motivated when other people know what I'm doing and I'm held accountable, so here it goes:

1.) I will drink at least 8 8 oz glasses of water a day
2.) I will recognize that food is fuel and is not an emotional crutch
3.) I will take my vitamins
4.) I will stick to healthy foods
5.) But I will allow myself occasional treats
6.) I will not eat fast food. Period.
7.) I will weigh myself once weekly, not daily.
8.) I will find ways to comfort myself rather than emotional eating

Feel free to chime in!!! :)

Replies

• AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sounds perfect to me!!!
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    sounds like a great list. that is why I set up my account to auto post my weight loss and exercise to facebook. Some people on there poke fun of me but they don't know what it's all about. Others do know and they help cheer me on there too. It was a hard decision to post on FB because there are so many more people on there but it makes me more accountable knowing that they are seeing it.:happy:
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I will make exercise as much a part of my daily life as taking a shower or brushing my teeth is.
  • gigsaccount
    Options
    Sounds fab! ... and maybe you could add
    9) I wont beat myself up when 'life' (as I like to call it, i.e. weddings, anniversary, birthdays, etc) happens and things don't always go to plan.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    My hardest problem is weighing myself. I do it sometimes - ok almost always 2-3 times a day. I know i need to stop, and I know its under my control to do so, I just haven't yet i suppose. why would be the question to be answered...the other side to that is who care's why just knock it off.
  • gigsaccount
    Options
    Sounds fab! ... and maybe you could add
    9) I wont beat myself up when 'life' (as I like to call it, i.e. weddings, anniversary, birthdays, etc) happens and things don't always go to plan?
    'Begin with the end in mind'. Stephen Covey