I have 960 cal's left for tonight....

Options
Melroxsox
Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
This is after my workout and my 1,200 cal a day intake....what the hell?! Im not even hungry. Should I be eating these leftover calories...or just ignoring them.

Replies

• Melroxsox
    Options
    This is after my workout and my 1,200 cal a day intake....what the hell?! Im not even hungry. Should I be eating these leftover calories...or just ignoring them.
  • allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    This happens to me a lot. Usually I just make sure I get around 1200 calories, and dont eat my exercise calories (unless Im really hungry)...you should be fine if you consume around 1200 calories...if thats still a challenge maybe have some nuts or peanut butter...not too filling but full of protein and good fat.
  • Laguapa
    Laguapa Posts: 58
    Options
    So your goal is to take in 1200 calories, right? And you have 960 left? So you exercised that much or just didnt eat much? :noway:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    i think i've got you beat... I HAVE 1300 CALORIES LEFT!!!!. WHAT THE HECK - ps: im on maintenance and am allowed about 1900 calories a day. but seriously. working out is killing me.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Eat them. If you cannot eat all of them eat at least some of them with some peanut butter or something with highly concentrated calories. Based on the math you gave us, your body thinks it only has 240 calories today on which it can sustain all your daily functions outside of exercise (since you burned most of what you ate - it needs those calories to sustain the exercising, AND the normal 1200 just to stay functioning). It will go into starvation mode if you do this on a regular basis.
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    I did work out more than usuall I suppose...but I usually tend to have severall hundred calories leftover every night. I wonder if my stats are wrong.
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    can I have some of your extra calories?
  • bayaderka
    bayaderka Posts: 53
    Options
    Usually, working out decreases the appetite. Savour the feeling of not being hungry and at the same time having burned lots of calories.

Of course later when you are hungry- you can shamelessly stuff your face (on healthy food- no junk!).

I would totally down gobs of peanut butter if I were you- to get in all those calories.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Think Nutella! ~smiling~

YUM! Wonder what happen to that topic? Still have to do the Nutella Cheese Cake!

Please be cautious with that 1200 calorie minimum! If your normal calorie count is 1800 to 2000 a day. Doing 1200 calories is going to cause your body to not do the things you want it to! ~sigh~

I wish to NEVER hear 1200 calories again. Its like the post from yesterday where the person wondered why the cereal box said 2000 calories and why is she only allowed to eat 1600 if the FDA SAID SO!
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ok, maybe this is a stupid question. But, I was wondering that myself. Why is it that there is 2,000 on some things and then FDA is like 1800 or 1600. Which is right? Men and Women have different numbers or not? I am pretty confused on the whole thing. Help!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Think Nutella! ~smiling~

YUM! Wonder what happen to that topic? Still have to do the Nutella Cheese Cake!

Please be cautious with that 1200 calorie minimum! If your normal calorie count is 1800 to 2000 a day. Doing 1200 calories is going to cause your body to not do the things you want it to! ~sigh~

I wish to NEVER hear 1200 calories again. Its like the post from yesterday where the person wondered why the cereal box said 2000 calories and why is she only allowed to eat 1600 if the FDA SAID SO!

YUM!!! Nutella. I've been having Nutella on an english muffin for morning snack this week. Nutella cheesecake sounds Heavenly. :happy:
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I SAID I WOULD NOT EVER BUY ANOTHER ONE. WELL....I GAVE IN AND BOUGHT ONE. THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT :devil: . LOL :laugh: ANYHOW, KROGERS ONLY HAS CHOCOLATE NUTELLA. I WOULD LIKE TO TRY THE CHEESCAKE ONE, UMMMM.
  • timisw
    Options
    Ok, maybe this is a stupid question. But, I was wondering that myself. Why is it that there is 2,000 on some things and then FDA is like 1800 or 1600. Which is right? Men and Women have different numbers or not? I am pretty confused on the whole thing. Help!

They are taking an "average" sized human.

- Some people tend to have more muscle mass (Burns more calories)
    - Younger people have higher metabolisms from growing and being more active (Burns more calories)
    - Heavier people have more weight to move around (Burns more calories)
    - Each person has a different activity level, like me moving my foot while I type (Burns more calories)
    - Some people are not in shape and it takes a lot of effort to function (Burns more calories) - but not as much as if they were in shape exercising.
    - Tall people are less efficient moving around and it take more effort (Burns more calories)
    - People have different jobs, some (like construction) take much more effort (Burns more calories)
    - People that are under stress (Burn more calories)

That should be a good start

If you are an average joe or jane, you would burn close to what the FDA states... However, there are SO many different things that go into the equation. Its definitely a moving target. Even your own calories differ from day to day depending on what you do or what your stressing about.
  • timisw
    Options
    By the way... All those labels on food have a disclaimer:

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
    Calories: 2,000 2,500
    Total Fat Less than 65g 80g - 65g equates out to 585 calories or 30%!!!
    Sat Fat Less than 20g 25g
    Cholesterol Less than 300mg 300mg
    Potassium 2,400mg 2,400mg
    Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g
    Dietary Fiber 25g 30g

The ones that I looked at today have 2000 and 2500 calories (avg woman / avg man maybe?)

I could not find ANY that said 600, 1000 or 1200!!! Hmmmm...
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I would say if your not hungry don't eat them. I usally have atleast 300 left over on a normal day and 500-900 left over at night an the days I exersize. My trainer said not to worrie about it and not to eat the exersize calories unless I really was hungry.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I would say if your not hungry don't eat them. I usally have atleast 300 left over on a normal day and 500-900 left over at night an the days I exersize. My trainer said not to worrie about it and not to eat the exersize calories unless I really was hungry.

I'm always really hungry and never have the spare calories!! :sad:

:laugh:
  • timisw
    Options

I am RIGHT with you!

And amazingly enough, I lost EXACTLY according to schedule and made my weight ~smiling~

1 Feb - 210
    1 Mar - 207
    1 Apr - 202
    1 May - 198
    1 June - 194
    Today ~ 190 (though I have been on the road for two weeks and havent visited the scaled)

Some weeks I lost 2lbs. Some weeks I didnt lose any. But for the most part, it stayed pretty steady. I stayed as HONEST as possible on the calorie counting (tried to guess high) and exercise (tried to guess low). I seemed to ALWAYS go over and be in the slight negative. Once I hit the negative I would stop. I did have a few Volleyball Tournaments where I played at least 14 games of VB and just could NOT eat that much that day. I always was starving the next morning/afternoon and would take that into account for blowing the calorie count that day.
  • timisw
    Options

I am RIGHT with you!

And amazingly enough, I lost EXACTLY according to schedule and made my weight ~smiling~

1 Feb - 210
    1 Mar - 207
    1 Apr - 202
    1 May - 198
    1 June - 194
    Today ~ 190 (though I have been on the road for two weeks and havent visited the scaled)

Some weeks I lost 2lbs. Some weeks I didnt lose any. But for the most part, it stayed pretty steady. I stayed as HONEST as possible on the calorie counting (tried to guess high) and exercise (tried to guess low). I seemed to ALWAYS go over and be in the slight negative. Once I hit the negative I would stop. I did have a few Volleyball Tournaments where I played at least 14 games of VB and just could NOT eat that much that day. I always was starving the next morning/afternoon and would take that into account for blowing the calorie count that day.
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    I suggest you eat at least some of them, Either with healthy food (nuts etc) or a treat.
    Otherwise you run the risk you'll feel like you are starving tomorrow.

And yes I admit I am not the right person to say that 'cause I rarely eat all my exercise calories.

I'll gladly give them away if anybody wants them.
  • Laguapa
    Laguapa Posts: 58
    Options
    It seems to me that some of us aren't eating enough. We do not want to allow our bodies to go into starvation/survival mode----you will then hold on to unwanted fat. Your body will store fat thinking you are starving it. 600 calories is too few for anyone to consume.