Pork chop recipes?

Options
murphey21
murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
Anybody know any good pork chop recipes? We are having whole wheat pasta and a vegetable, so I don't really want to bread them and save the calories, but any good recipes to flavor or season the pork chops? Thanks!

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    If you have time, I like to marinade both pork and chicken in low calorie italian dressing for at least a couple of hours. Then grill, basting with BBQ sauce. If you do not want the few extra calories from the BBQ sauce, just grilling with the marinade is an excellent flavor! And they tend to stay juicy better than anything else I've tried.
  • Siobhan282012
    Options
    whole grain mustered and honey
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I like to put mine in the crockpot with a can of 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, some water, fresh mushrooms and a little garlic. Makes a delish chop plus a nice sauce for your noodles, potatoes or rice.
  • MrsB1229
    MrsB1229 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could season them with Italian seasoning, brown them and then cook them thru with a can of diced tomatoes, a little parm and spinach to make a sauce for the pasta?
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I used to make a marmalade, chili glaze that was pretty good.....I can't find that book right now. (http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Flavor-All-American-Recipes-Northwest/dp/0307346420) That was the book. REALLY good stuff.

There's also a good pork rub by the brand that makes the Montreal Chicken seasoning.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Marinate in Balsamic vinaigrette if you can grill them.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My go to in a hurry pork chop recipe is to sprinkle Cajun spice mix on them and baste with BBQ sauce and cook them on a grill pan or broil. My husband likes them with busche's baked beans.
  • Sexyslim2014
    Options
    :)
  • okiebug27
    okiebug27 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Charweezie
    Charweezie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    rachel ray makes this great beer gravy (i dont add the beer cus my kids eat with us) cook pork chops as you wish and drizzle the gravy all over it! yummm!!!!!!
  • Tara_238
    Tara_238 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love lemon and pepper seasoning and using the grill
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I like to put mine in the crockpot with a can of 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, some water, fresh mushrooms and a little garlic. Makes a delish chop plus a nice sauce for your noodles, potatoes or rice.
    [/quote

BUMP! My Favorite!]
  • deedster_a
    deedster_a Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sounds kind of weird, but tastes good.

Pork Chops and Applesauce
    Makes 6 servings

6 pork chops
    1 cup applesauce
    ¼ cup soy sauce
    ¼ tsp dried minced onion
    Salt and pepper to taste

Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Brown chops in a skillet and put in a baking dish.

Mix applesauce, soy sauce and dried minced onion together. Spoon ½ mixture on top of chops in baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. Turn over and spoon on remaining sauce. Return to oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
  • carlialjim
    carlialjim Posts: 27
    Options
    I love pork chop with my homemade sazon( red onions,
    green or red bell pepper, garlic, diced pimentos, dried oregano,dried thyme, apple cider vinegar)
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Sounds kind of weird, but tastes good.

Pork Chops and Applesauce
    Makes 6 servings

6 pork chops
    1 cup applesauce
    ¼ cup soy sauce
    ¼ tsp dried minced onion
    Salt and pepper to taste

Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Brown chops in a skillet and put in a baking dish.

Mix applesauce, soy sauce and dried minced onion together. Spoon ½ mixture on top of chops in baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. Turn over and spoon on remaining sauce. Return to oven and bake for another 20 minutes.

That actually sounds really good. I am going to try it :wink:
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    With our pork chops lately we've got the Kraft - Fresh Take Cheese & Bread Crumb Mix, Italian Parmesan and baked it then put on top of it rice and a vegetable
  • 4h2orat
    4h2orat Posts: 3
    Options
    Here is one that I use all the time, I use Lea and Perrins Low Sodium Worcestershire to keep the sodium down. Also, you need to use thick chops for grilling (thin chops dry out to fast). I BBQ until internal temp is 145 degrees turning every 5 minutes at about 450 grill temp. Not sure where I got this recipe, but it was online:

Honey Grilled Pork Chops

A quick and easy grill recipe for a summer evening. You could make a little extra of the marinade and put in on
    zucchini slices while they grill as a side dish.

4 Boneless Pork Chops
    2 T Honey
    1/4 c Worcestershire
    1/4 t Black Pepper
    1/4 t Garlic Powder

In a shallow glass dish or bowl, mix together honey, Worcestershire sauce and spices. Add pork chops and toss to
    coat. Cover and refrigerate for no more than 4 hours to marinate. Lightly oil grill and preheat to medium. Remove
    pork chops from marinade. Grill until cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes, turning often.
    Yield: 4 Servings
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • Sweetlost
    Sweetlost Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • badbradley
    badbradley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Chops - proportions are for 2 chops.

Make a brine by boiling 1.5 cups water with 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon salt. When sugar and salt have dissolved, pour the brine over a cup or two of ice cubes to cool it down to room temperature. Place thick cut chops in the brine (bone-in or boneless doesn't matter), cover and refrigerate for at least an hour and no longer than 4 hours.

Preheat the oven to 375.

Rough chop 10 slices of turkey pepperoni with a granny smith apple. Sprinkle with a teaspoon or so of curry powder, or use whatever your favorite spices and herbs may be to season the apple mixture. If you're not into apples, pears or raisins or any type of dried fruit will work. Mix well.

Make 'pockets' in your chops by cutting into them lengthwise right in the middle. Don't cut all the way through. Stuff the chops with the apple mixture. Any leftover stuffing can be used to top the chops once they are cooked. Pan sear the chops in a little oil in a skillet until they're brown. Place chops on a wire rack on a baking sheet and put into the oven. They should cook within 20-25 minutes depending on how well they were browned. Internal temperature should be 150 deg. Let rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.