Hate to cook

Options
2»

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Resolution~Hire someone to do that for you..
    Plenty of Culinary Students are looking for a way to make money..Check out the schools near you and place an add..
    Don't be all long winded with it..To the point.
    Suggestion~They can cook meals for 3 days and you can freeze them..then feed yourself for the rest of the days.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Crockpot!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm with the people who advise to just do it anyway. I was never one to enjoy cooking that much, but once I discovered the health benefits of eating real food prepared from whole ingredients, I've enjoyed putting together simple meals. I generally make several main dishes on a Sunday afternoon while listening to an audiobook. I package it up in individual servings, freeze some and keep out what I need for the next few days.

Just like with everything else, there are ways to make what you need to do enjoyable.
  • okiebug27
    okiebug27 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    George Foreman grill + a box of frozen chicken breasts + a bottle of tasty barbeque sauce, keep frozen veggies in the freezer and have some potatoes on hand to 'bake' in the microwave. (I love putting cottage cheese on a baked potato!!)
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I don't cook. I married a great cook! That was wonderful for 9 1/2 years, and then . . . he had gastric bypass! He hardly eats anymore, so he doesn't cook very often. My plans have been dashed!

I have found plenty of healthy options at local restaurants. My daughter and I have rotisserie chicken a couple of times a week with some veggies and quinoa.

The crock pot was a great suggestion. I also have to say, my George Foreman grill saves me a TON of time and energy. I cook steaks, chicken, fish, veggies, you-name-it-I-cook-it on the grill! The microwave is also a good friend of mine!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    George Foreman grill + a box of frozen chicken breasts + a bottle of tasty barbeque sauce, keep frozen veggies in the freezer and have some potatoes on hand to 'bake' in the microwave. (I love putting cottage cheese on a baked potato!!)

Somebody just recommended cottage cheese and salsa on a baked potato, and I thought it was weird. Then I tried it! YUM!