Anyone open their diaries to the public?

Options
13»

Replies

• nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Mine's open. I figure that if I ever ask a question in the forum, it might help people to answer better if they can see what I'm eating. Besides, I have nothing to hide. I'm not embarrassed by what I eat, even when I misbehave :happy:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,005 Member
    Options
    Mine is open it helps keep me accountable and also easier for people to give me advice
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    The Richardson's Dairy near my house is open to the public ...

I see no reason to hide my diary - after all, I wouldn't hide my lunch if we ate together ...
  • fysty75
    fysty75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    mine is open and boring.

feel free to browse. although I do take constructive criticism, please make it constructive and KIND. I AM in a breakfast rut, don't much care for eggs so open to suggestions.

feel free to add me if you like.
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    absolutely
  • nolanerinbryon
    nolanerinbryon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have kept my diary closed since I started on here in January & was thinking of opening it up in hopes it'll keep me focused/honest. I appreciate reading people's opinions on this because I have been debating... I certainly don't care to receive comments as mentioned earlier (i.e. "you ate 2 avocados today? do you know how much fat is in that?"). I guess if I get unsolicited judgements, I'll close it up again. Others feel free to add me!
  • LouiseDavis65
    LouiseDavis65 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm opening mine up now - was only open to friends, but as someone said, if you have an account here, you can see it. Random people who aren't part of MFP cannot. I eat sugar - I admit it. But I also exercise - so why wouldn't I share!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Nothing to hide, but nothing of which to be proud, either. I find it easier when asking for advice if it is open. I also enjoy browsing other users' diaries and think it's only fair to allow them the same opportunity :)
  • suzieqsmart
    suzieqsmart Posts: 47
    Options
    Mine is open. Might as well be. We're all supposed to be here to support one and other. No point asking for support if you're not forthcoming with your information.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I have kept my diary closed since I started on here in January & was thinking of opening it up in hopes it'll keep me focused/honest. I appreciate reading people's opinions on this because I have been debating... I certainly don't care to receive comments as mentioned earlier (i.e. "you ate 2 avocados today? do you know how much fat is in that?"). I guess if I get unsolicited judgements, I'll close it up again. Others feel free to add me!

If it helps .. I've been on here about a year, open diary the whole time .. and I've never once had an unsolicited comment on my diary.
  • janel867
    janel867 Posts: 53
    Options
    THIS!!
    Mine is only open to friends. People rarely make comments on what I eat anyway... If I was asking for food advice on the forum, I may open it. Right now at this point, there really isn't a need.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Mine's open, and I log EVERYthing...the good, the bad and the ugly. ;)
  • DebraLosesIt
    DebraLosesIt Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think the default setting is private and I didn't realize I wasn't sharing for a few weeks. while some people may hide it because they are ashamed or embarrassed others may not realize they have theirs set on private.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I had mine open initially and I eat pretty healthy.......nothing to hide. Until some jackweed decided to publicly mock me for having a cheat meal on my birthday......a comment that was totally off topic to the question I posed on the board.

So.........no, my diary is no longer public.
  • danilynn2
    danilynn2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to my friends. :smile:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i have mine open since i have nothing to hide. i was wondering if anyone else does the same.

i see no point in hiding a diary actually... it's not like you're putting your personal information online like facebook.

My friends in real life are supportive of my fitness efforts without knowing what I ate every day. When I go out with friends, I don't comment on their food choices. Why would I want that on MFP? Same way, MFP friends can be supportive without knowing what food I have for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks. I actually see value to keeping the diary private. I've been here nearly a year and have seen threads where people were attacked by other posters for their food choices, so I can see why for that reason alone people keep their diary setting to private. There are many ways to use MFP and if you want to keep your diary public, go for it.
  • facilitators1334
    Options
    Yes mine is open. I'd like constructive feedback. I want to lose..and start lifting..soon. I just added more calories today because I've been reading a lot in the forums on the subject of eating back exercise calories.
    are you eating the same thing everyday? I am only about a week in.. but aren't you sick of this yet?

no i am not.i do really well with consistency..in almost all aspects of my life. i will change it from time to time but for now i know how much my food will cost monthly (im a little broke but making no excuses). and i dont mind the same meals..i look forward to my egg wrap in the morning and chicken for dinner. i crave these things. i see it as fuel. i do not feel deprived. i just want long time mfp folks to see where i might be going wrong so i can tweak it a bit.