I'm So Friggin CONFUSED now!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Just change your calorie goal to 1400 and adjust your settings to show 40% carb, 30% fat, 30% protein. MFP will then figure how many grams based on the percentages you entered.
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just change your calorie goal to 1400 and adjust your settings to show 40% carb, 30% fat, 30% protein. MFP will then figure how many grams based on the percentages you entered.

just did! Thank you!
    I had no idea it was that easy....for some reason, i thought that i had to MANUALLY calculate it! :laugh:

Thanks everyone!!
  • AnikaP81
    AnikaP81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

am I right to assume that these percentages should be based on what my goal weight is?

I don't even know what that means?

The % is your macros.... 40% of our calories should ce from carbs etc etc

Ok, I was under the impression that the % is based on your goal weight (ie.) My goal weight is 160lbs (40% of that is 64g), but now, if i'm wanting to consume 1400 calories (example) the percentage should be 560??

I'm sorry, I'm probably sounding really dumb right now, I'm trying to learn all this stuff...

The percentages are based on % of your calories. So if you consume 1200 kcal a day, then 30% is 360 kcal that should come from protein. Protein has 4 kcal/g, so you end up with 360 kcal divided by 4 kcal per g. That puts you at 90 g of protein per day.

And FYI: Protein and carbs have 4kcal per gram, Fat has 9 kcal per gram.