Options

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What an inspiration you are!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I LOVE your honesty (and posting you in your PJ's being dead tired!)

I love how honest you are, how yes it's hard, yes there is extra skin, yes you still ate what you want... i'm in the same boat, but i didn't lose as much as you.

PROUD OF YOU!
  • wvval
    wvval Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look great, congratulations!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    As someone who has also just reached goal, I offer my heartfelt congratulations! I absolutely understand how hard you have worked. You are so lucky that you realized the need to change your life while so young. I just turned 50 last month and my extra skin will never shrink back as I have been heavy my entire adult life. So, I am willingly undergoing surgery next year. I think I may actually go down a size or two once I have the surgery(I have that much extra skin). Anyway, you are an inspiration to everyone here! You are so beautiful!! Keep well!
  • djjc76
    djjc76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    WOW.
  • Popsing
    Popsing Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. I was told about MFP in late February by a friend who needs to lose at least 60-80 pounds for her health. I wanted to lose 40 and I'm half way there since February 13th--just under three months. In that same amount of time, my friend still hasn't gotten started. As my husband, a personal trainer and natural bodybuilder likes to say, "The time is going to pass regardless, you might as well be working on improving your fitness." I've found that I can still eat many of the things I really like as long as I write it all down. I had fairly good eating habits all along and my weightlifting and cardio workouts were good, effective and varied. I just needed to eat less. There is no magic pill--just consistent work and rigorous honesty. You look so good! You're an inspiration.
  • tstancom
    tstancom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's success stories like yours that help inspire me to keep going on my bad days. You've done an amazing job!
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Amazing!!
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story and amazing success! Thank you for sharing.
  • SarahBean89
    SarahBean89 Posts: 16
    Options
    That's a fantastic story! So inspirational. Great job!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting your story. I have over half my body weight to lose as well and I get so discouraged wondering if it will ever happen. Getting started has been the hardest part for me. I'll get started and then have a bad day and then I'm back to where I was. Seeing stories like yours gives me the motivation to keep going day after day, so thank you.

I've only lost 7 pounds so far, and it seems so insignificant when my goal is 132 pounds, but I know I have to stick with it to get those big numbers.

I'll make a video tonight when I get home. I had never thought of that before and it seems like a great idea. I should post on Facebook...but it makes me a little embarrassed. It's stupid because everyone I know can see my pictures and knows how big I am...maybe I'll work on that. Thank you so much again. I'll bookmark this post to give me motivation when I need it.

I started posting pictures and didn't really think to be embarrassed until someone else had later said something about how awesome it was that I wasn't ashamed to put myself out there. Then I was like . . . oh. I still put pictures up all the time. Pictures of me in bikinis, on the scale, in the gym, at work, wherever. I've been proud this entire time because I knew that I wouldn't ever go back to being what I was.
    Amazing simply amazing! I struggle with the things that you have and am trying to figure out what I have to do to let it all go and get past it! Thank you for posting this!

I never really let go. I just had to learn why *I* made the choice to turn to food. It's really deep seeded. Once I broke down (I cried in my therapy session so hard that my therapist almost cried too), I realized that I didn't need to turn to food anymore because I'm actually worth something. I'm worth loving. Both from myself and from other people and if others don't see that then I shouldn't waste my time nor energy on them, let alone my own health.

People have eating disorders for many reasons. There's always a reason though. Finding the why is just the first step on the long walk to finding the how.
  • sixteenshorty
    Options
    Wow great story!!! It is nice to hear that it is possible and that we have to keep going!!!
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    This is just a great story!! You are truly motivating :drinker:
  • mistyislosingit
    mistyislosingit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are such an inspiration!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options

946914_652669841417058_1700525442_n.jpg

945649_652669804750395_1439069130_n.jpg

Wow, what a good idea--making a video instead of just taking pictures.
    You don't even look like the same person.
    CONGRATS!!
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It looks like you have transformed from the inside out and that is most important. You look AMAZING and you are a true inspiration!! I hope they figure out your medical issue soon. I am literally still in the middle of being tested constantly since they can't figure out what is wrong with me. You will make it though. You are obviously VERY strong!! Great job!!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    You look terrific!!! Thanks so much for sharing your story!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Wow that's quite an accomplishment! You have a great physique! Loved your story.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    The weight loss is a by-product of the amazing inner work and transformation. But what a wonderful by-product it is. You are one of those people who really DOES look like a completely different person in your AFTER picture. I have such compassion for you! And now, you can offer your strength and inspiration to others who need it... What a gift you are.

I can't say it any better...you look awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!