Does anyone else exercise so that they can eat more?

Options

Replies

• hasters
    hasters Posts: 2
    Options
    I feel the same way. I'm hungry but have used up my calories so it makes me start exercising again. I guess that's better than eating and not exercising more.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Nah ...i go to bed. Lol sometimes maybe:)
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I can eat ok on my non exercise days, but I feel a bit restricted.

I am pushed to exercise so that I can eat as much as I want. I like eating around 2000 and if ive had a good run of excercise I need to be careful on the rest day.

so yeh YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    HA HA...what an appropriate question.....I was still hungry this evening...but i was pretty much done with my calories...So i dusted off the ol bike, and burned 492 calories...now i wondering what I'm going to eat!!!:wink:

So I am not the only one lol.

I also make sure that I exercise if I plan on eating out and/or having a few drinks. I just think that is being responsible :)

I think in that case it's smart, if I'm aware I'll be "splurging" on a meal, I'll definitely plan my meals and workouts around it : )
  • 00shana00
    00shana00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i just started and I am so hungry.. any low calerie healthy filling foods. i am struggling finding foods.. so now i am running at night to have a cocktail!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Heck no, I exercise so I feel better and get more fit. I eat because my body needs fuel.

I eat my TDEE - 20% (most days anyway) and never feel hungry. This equates to 1800 cals a day. I dont eat back my exercise cals because I am already eating enough. Since changing to this method two weeks ago, I have lost 4 lbs. I consider this to be a huge success given I was at a standstill for weeks before this and always hungry.

I am no longer hungry and far happier by upping my cals and have no need to exercise more so I can eat more.
  • CatBird128
    CatBird128 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Doesn't the elliptical come with a beer holder on it just so we can burn the extra calories while we consume them?
    ;)
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    that was my thought before my work out today. lol.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    No because I consider my weight loss up to my calorie intake and my overall health and fitness due to my exercise. I think differently but it's helped me to lose almost 200lbs.

Just want to say I think 200lbs of loss is an absolutely AMAZING achievment. You should be extremely proud of yourself!

Thanks and I am, but also very sad to think I let myself get that way to begin with.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I don't have to because I use the TDEE method. 2000 calories a day, every day. No hunger, no headaches, plenty of fuel for weight training and running.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I do, because I'm working on a 1200 calorie diet and I know it's not realistic, So i worked out like a fiend so I can balance that 1200, like today is a weird day, I logged 1400 calories on 2 hour of workout and I round up only 150 calorie away under my goal.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Of course! That's why I love the MFP approach. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably not do nearly as much exercise. It's motivating for me!
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering...I hate days when I do not work out because I feel like I do not have enough to eat. I am set to eat 1200 calorie per day. When I don't exercise, I find it very hard to stay within that calorie range and if I do, then I have cravings and am hungry at the end of the night and end up drinking like 4 bottles of water to fill up. When I do work out, I have about an extra 600 - 800 calories to eat and feel so much better. I usually don't even end up eating all my exercise calories cause exercising seems to make me not as hungry (not sure why).

Anyone else feel the same?

I'm the SAME exact way! For some weird reason, I'm always more hungry on the days where I don't work out or don't move as much. I get worse cravings and find it harder to eat under my calorie limit (which is also 1200). It's SO MUCH easier on work out days, and like you, I'm often LESS hungry when I work out. The cravings aren't NEARLY as bad. I actually look forward to work out days for that reason and hate rest days lol!
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    It may be one of the major reasons I work out.. it certainly is a motivator :laugh:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    yes
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I totally do. 20 minutes on the AMT is totally worth it for a small chocolate bar lol
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Yeah, isn't that what it's for?
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Yes... I'd much rather eat 2100 than 1700. So I exercise so I can!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Of course! :drinker:
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!