JULY CHALLENGE (june 23-29)

Options
Well, I think it's just down to 3-4 of us but hang in there! We are close!

I had a great week. Hiked up the steep local ski hill 3x last week and 1x so far this week. I'm only getting about 350 cals out of it now that I am in shape, but it's nice to be outside (and I can take the lift down to appease my knees).
I am just super busy trying to figure out wedding things right now. I think we've settled on Belize next April which gives us time to plan, and me time to get smokin' hot for my sundress!!! :smokin:

Start MFP (Nov 07) - 182.5
Last week - 147.6
Today - 145
Goal - 140ish

Hope everyone had a good weekend!! Kistinbee and Rookie we miss you!!:cry:

Replies

• lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Well, I think it's just down to 3-4 of us but hang in there! We are close!

I had a great week. Hiked up the steep local ski hill 3x last week and 1x so far this week. I'm only getting about 350 cals out of it now that I am in shape, but it's nice to be outside (and I can take the lift down to appease my knees).
    I am just super busy trying to figure out wedding things right now. I think we've settled on Belize next April which gives us time to plan, and me time to get smokin' hot for my sundress!!! :smokin:

Start MFP (Nov 07) - 182.5
    Last week - 147.6
    Today - 145
    Goal - 140ish

Hope everyone had a good weekend!! Kistinbee and Rookie we miss you!!:cry:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun.

i only have 2 weeks until im home and enjoying the great outdoors. Its like being in an oven when your outside here.

Any way i had a good week again. i have pretty much given up on gaining as much muscle as i had hoped by now, my cals are just to low for that, so i have settled for loosing as much fat and not loosing muscle.

Start my weight loss 268 (i have changed my MFP start weight here to reflect that)
    Start JGC @ 248 and 22% body fat
    Last week @ 238.2 and 17.7% body fat
    This week @ 236.2 and 16.9% body fat.

Still dont know what my true body fat % is. My scale says 21.5% and my tape method says 12.47%.

Maybe i will go somewhere and have it checked while im home. either way its going down every week and i still have a little on my waist so i need to get rid of that.
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    I am sorry... I am here! I've been having a heck of a time with this stupid plateau and my nerves! For months I stop losing any weight and now I've gained 6 lbs in the last couple weeks :explode: . I stopped my weight training for a while due to pure laziness... and I think my body is just used to my cardio workout. I am able to run a 5K in 28 minutes now but that doesn't seem to help on the weight loss. So... this week is a new week. I started a new interval training program... (hopefully the hills will help) I also am going to break up my cardio. 30 minutes of light cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and then 30 minutes of hard core cardio in the afternoon a couple hours after lunch. I started my weight training again on Friday and phew~ did that make me hurt! :noway: But it was a good hurt since I know it is making my muscles stronger (again).

My husband has been deployed on his 3rd tour to Iraq since November. I saw him for a about 9 days in December and he is coming home on the 10th for a 20 day leave. I've never been one to shove food in my mouth due to high stress situations but with all these excited and nervous feelings I am feeling for the big reunion is making me eat all the darn time! :grumble: But I am slowly going to stop that.

Well I guess I will just give my stats now. I wish they were better but I am still at a 26.6 lbs loss (since the second week of January) so I am ok with that.

Start of JGC: 182 lbs
    06/16/08: 160.8 lbs
    06/23/08: 163.4 lbs

Total gain for the week: 2.6 lbs :mad:
    Total loss for JGC: -18.6 lbs
    Total loss for MFP: -26.6

Awesome Job lizard on your perseverance. Only 5 lbs to go! And chiefiron you are looking great! Keep up the great work!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yay - you guys are still here! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for starting the post, Lizard! You are doing great. And Belize sounds amazing - that might be one of the next places I want to visit. I am sure your wedding will be beautiful!!!
    Tim - you are still rockin' with the weight loss. I'm impressed that you are still losing so much given how close you are to goal. I got my body fat measured at the YMCA a couple of weeks ago - 29.7%. That is a little lower than what my scale is telling me. I did some calculations, and that means I must have been at 40% or more when I started - yikes!
    Rookie - Hi!!! Nice to see you are still around. I like your DDR picture! Mixing up your routine is a great idea to help with plateaus. And hang in there with the strength training. I bet your husband is just as excited and nervous to see you as you are to see him!

I had an offsite work event from Thursday through Sunday, and they fed us extremely well. I managed to hit the hotel gym once - not as much as I was hoping for. But I mostly didn't go overboard on the food, and was happy to still see a loss for the week.

Start of MFP: 210
    Start of JGC (2/12 for me): 194.8
    Last weigh-in (6/10): 171.2
    Current weight: 170.0
    July Goal: 165

40 POUNDS GONE! Check out my new ticker! (I just realized that mine has the hugging lizards - just like you and your man, Lizard9800! :laugh: )

Have a great week, everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Belize is beautiful. Make sure to save enough time to kick off your wedding dress and go hiking in the rain forest. Also go cave tubin', these awesome tours you can take riding on inner tubes down a river through caves.

What an inspriational goal. I need to find something like that.
  • lizard9800
    Options
    Thanks dothompson! We went to Belize several years ago and that is why we want to return. What an amazing country for its size!! Caye Caulker here we come again!!!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    We also went to Isla Roatan in Honduras on that trip. That actually was my favorite an amazing place.

I turn 50 next May. I think you've inspired me to plan a trip.
  • lizard9800
    Options
    Tim you are doing awesome! :bigsmile: I am really wishing that I had taken "before" pictures, but I hated the way I looked. I think I am going to put on a pair of pants that used to fit me and show how big they are now...

Rookie - yeah, you are around!! You are still over half way to your goal which is great! Keep it up! :drinker: Definitely change up the workout. I am always surprised at the different muscles that each exercise uses.

cp - the big 4-0!!!:flowerforyou: That is incredible. You are awesome! And you still had a loss with all that tempation..? I would not have the willpower. I have become slightly complacent because I am happy with myself now and don't think I will look much different after 5 more lbs... so I cave in more often now, but I also exercise a lot more in the summer and my body doesn't seem to mind the extra calories. If you enjoyed the Galapagos you would love Belize.

thompson - I have heard that Roatan is spectacular. We haven't really planned the honeymoon yet. Maybe we will end up there instead of southern Belize. I think a trip is well deserved for you. Enjoy!!
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Tim you are doing awesome! :bigsmile: I am really wishing that I had taken "before" pictures, but I hated the way I looked. I think I am going to put on a pair of pants that used to fit me and show how big they are now...

Thanks for the compliment.

I wish i had taken one even soon than i did. The before pic is still over two months in. I broke my other camera and didnt get a new one soon enough.

I will do one more comparison pic here in a couple weeks, before i come home. Then i will use that one as my start because in Aug when i come back to work im going up up my cals (double maybe) and really start packing on some lean muscle.
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    Hi fellow JGC friends! I thought I'd do a mid-week check in. :happy:

I've had a great week (so far) keeping track of my calories although I did cheat a bit today but I never factor in calories burned when I am doing weight training so I am probably right on target. I've worked out Monday, Tuesday and today. I am feeling great and feel like I am back on track. I hope I see some results on Monday! :bigsmile:

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement! They mean a lot!!! :drinker:

Take care and I will talk to you all next week!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey Rookie! I'm glad you're having such a good week. Mine has been pretty good so far, too - worked out Mon, Tue, and Wed, and have received compliments from 2 new people at work in the past 2 days. :bigsmile:

I also posted a new 'skin' pic in my profile, along with some (ick!) 'before' photos that I found from last summer's work event (same as the one I just got back from for this year). Yikes! I can't get over how chubby my arms get. :embarassed: But at least I am starting to get some muscle in there now!

Have a great rest of week.