Would love some friends currently in college!!

Options
egragg2
egragg2 Posts: 8 Member
I would love to add some new friends that are currently in college and trying to lose weight! I am in school for Nutrition and Dietetics right now. I know it can be hard with school and I was thinking that we could keep each other motivated!

Replies

• cumminsrat
    cumminsrat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    im all in! im going to WWCC in walla walla washington. been workin out and countin calories for the last month and a half so far. just started 2-a-day workouts! havent lost anything on the scale yet really but ive noticed a difference around my waist
  • Chasingfitness2013
    Chasingfitness2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey you can add me! I am in college and doing summer school so I will be on here to stay motivated.
  • diamondfit1
    diamondfit1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a FR. I go to UF :) Anyone who sees this post is free to add me as well!
  • katieverkuilen94
    Options
    Hey! I'm currently a freshman, but I'll be a sophomore as of next week. Feel free to add me. :) Let's lose weight together!
  • chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You didn't put gender of friends you wanted, but I'll be the one with the bigger set of gonads and post before the other dudes, heh. I'm 22 and going to college as well; Premed here with a goal of Neurosurgeon in the future. Have been on MFP for a few months but ain't been using it much. I've picked up Insanity and started back up with this site, to use it in tracking calories(along with app called Nexercise to track my workouts). I can agree that working out while going to school can be hard at times, especially now for those of us who are doing Dead Week/Finals Week (good luck to all y'all that are in that situation now). Reckon you're doing some sort of exercise regimen as well? If so, how're you goin' about it?

Edit: looks like I was beat, kudos to y'all!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    AWesomeeee, wish my school had a nutrition major.

I am here to support, motivate, and give advice to anyone who would like or need it

-Jen
    UCSB '15
  • egragg2
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses!! Currently adding you all as friends now!! Glad we can help each other stay on track and motivated!
  • egragg2
    Options
    Chasero - yes, I am definitely doing an exercise routine now. Finals week has put that on hold for a few days but I am currently dividing my days between running (2 - 3 miles a day) and am looking for a new arm/ab workout to incorporate into my weekly routine!!
  • chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Chasero - yes, I am definitely doing an exercise routine now. Finals week has put that on hold for a few days but I am currently dividing my days between running (2 - 3 miles a day) and am looking for a new arm/ab workout to incorporate into my weekly routine!!

I hear you on the Finals drawback on exercisin'. As for the arm/ab workout, I know of a few workouts pulled from P90X and Insanity. I'm not sure what your workout regimen consists of when you're not bogged down by School, but you could follow the P90X "Ab Ripper X" DVD regimen for the core/ab workout [it's all done on the floor]. As for Insanity, they have tricep dips, pushups, v-ups, moving pushups, etc etc.

* I know you may not want to invest in a program, so if you're just wanting sections of exercises like the ones I mentioned above and more, I can try to pull the names of the exercises and maybe videos of each workout so you can see how it's done.
  • RixxyRikaa
    RixxyRikaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    18, culinary school. graduate in april, on summer break right now. feel free to add :)
  • LynnNeeds2Lose
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm currently in college for Nursing. I've been on MFP for a couple months now. Trying to get back to pre-baby and pre-college size, lol!
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm doing my undergrad right now and yup, it's really hard with school, but I'm going to try. Let's keep each other motivated! :)
  • heartbreakinsiren
    heartbreakinsiren Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • slyrat
    slyrat Posts: 28
    Options
    I'd love to add you guys. I'm currently majoring in Restaurant Management and plan to attend culinary school next year. I work at a hospital so I have a decent interest in Nutrition too!
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I would like friends :) I am an oldie in college (25), in nursing school.
  • EJC33189
    EJC33189 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am currently in college too, but for Veterinary Technology. I do plan to go to school for nutrition too later on though! If you don't mind me asking what school/degree are you at/getting?

I would love some motivation, and love to share some too! Keep positive thoughts, and remember, was there ever a time where you said "Oh i regret that workout..."? And remember, that chocolate will be there tomorrow too if you didn't save space for it today.

Wish you the best!!
  • MountainxAngel
    Options
    I am in college for Health Information Technology :)
  • celestinha
    celestinha Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I'm in pharmacy school right now, but thankfully on summer break and I'll be able to dedicate a bit more time to myself, lol. It gets so crazy during the school year so I get it!! Anyone, feel free to add!
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You can add me...just turned 27 and going back to school for nursing.... :)
  • 1104Jen
    1104Jen Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm a criminal justice major and graduate this Saturday. I still have to finish two classes this summer and do an internship though...oh and work my two part time jobs. :)