potato

Options
do you guys peel a potato or eat it str8? im scared i've dun goofed eating 2 potatoes unpeeled. I have one potato left. Should i unpeel it or eat it str8?

Replies

• leahrightley
    Options
    Dr. Oz said that all the nutrients are in the skin of fruits, so you shouldn't peel them
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    From the American Dietetic Association: "When compared ounce for ounce, potato skin has more nutrients that the rest of the potato. Potato skin contains B vitamins, vitamin C, iron, calcium, potassium and other nutrients. Potato skin also provides lots of fiber, about 2 grams per ounce. If you eat a medium baked potato, including the skin, you'll get nearly 4 grams of fiber, 2 milligrams of iron and 926 grams of potassium. Be sure to wash the potato well and remove any obvious blemishes before cooking."
  • Nocardio23
    Nocardio23 Posts: 58
    Options
    Dr. Oz said that all the nutrients are in the skin of fruits, so you shouldn't peel them

well i cant take ur advice theres nothing bolded under ur posts
  • Nocardio23
    Options
    wow thanks did u type that all out or just copypaste it?
  • leahrightley
    Options
    From the American Dietetic Association: "When compared ounce for ounce, potato skin has more nutrients that the rest of the potato. Potato skin contains B vitamins, vitamin C, iron, calcium, potassium and other nutrients. Potato skin also provides lots of fiber, about 2 grams per ounce. If you eat a medium baked potato, including the skin, you'll get nearly 4 grams of fiber, 2 milligrams of iron and 926 grams of potassium. Be sure to wash the potato well and remove any obvious blemishes before cooking."

see even she says so
  • NicGAlpha
    NicGAlpha Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ^ Although it's true this time, please don't mention Dr.Oz as a credible source for anything >.< hahahaha
    Anyway, my family has always eaten it either way. As long as the potato has been thoroughly cleaned, eating the skin is not a problem at all
  • leahrightley
    Options
    ^ Although it's true this time, please don't mention Dr.Oz as a credible source for anything >.< hahahaha
    Anyway, my family has always eaten it either way. As long as the potato has been thoroughly cleaned, eating the skin is not a problem at all

Why not? he's a doctor?
  • Nocardio23
    Options

Why not? he's a doctor?

please respond
  • Nocardio23
    Options
    bump
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    How would you feel if someone peeled off your skin? >.>

Seriously though... skin is good. Eat it.
  • NicGAlpha
    NicGAlpha Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Why not? he's a doctor?

He's a quack. He gives too many "quick fixes" and "miracle" tips to be credible
  • Nocardio23
    Options

lol good point
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Why not? he's a doctor?

Facepalm....
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Maybe the question should be "WHY NOT" eat the skin! I think its the best part!
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Why not? he's a doctor?

He's a quack. He gives too many "quick fixes" and "miracle" tips to be credible
    I agree...He featured "Grean Coffee Extract" and called it a miricle cure, Loose weight eating what you want and without changing your activity! Seriously thats enough quack for me! Just because Oprah created him doesn't make him a credible source.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Cannibals.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Why not? he's a doctor?

not-sure-if-serious-or-sarcastic.jpg
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    I pull mine straight out of the ground and eat them like an apple.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

Cannibals.

well if you dont want to be a cannibal.. you could just lick it, just as good right?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Cannibals.

well if you dont want to be a cannibal.. you could just lick it, just as good right?

I could lick. Not eat. Soylent Green is great though!