Replies

• GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    - Dropping/Throwing Weights after Sets

- Not putting weights away

- Standing around chatting

- example of 3 guys doing sets on one machine and taking forever

- Not asking for help when people have no idea what they are doing!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, so... When my husband leaves his guitar *kitten* all over the living room? Does that count?
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    People who use the squat rack and waste time doing horrible squats haha...
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    The other one is a bit subjective and I run the risk of being blasted for this :wink: : People who want to share your machine whilst you rest. Now speaking personally, if I am using a machine I have the height / width / weight settings etc set for me and to be quite honest I would rather be left alone to finish my sets.

I have asked to slip onto a machine a couple of times while someone is resting. I *always* set it back to the way they had it when I am done.

My peeve is since I am at a Rec Center Gym once in a while a a group of teenagers decide to *play* in the gym. You can tell it gets on everyone's nerves.
  • Dekitara
    Dekitara Posts: 11
    Options
    Anyone who feels the need to comment on me wearing Converse. I am here to lift, I do not need running shoes to lift. Please, Cardio Bunny, return to whence you came in the forest of the ellipticals.
  • pnut456
    pnut456 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Not reracking your weights. It means I can't tell if that equipment is free, it means someone has to pickup after you and it means you're an assh0le.

THIS!! GGRRR
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    Not reracking your weights. It means I can't tell if that equipment is free, it means someone has to pickup after you and it means you're an assh0le.

^^^ This!
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    There's a dude who uses the gym in our apartment building - which is a very small gym - and he listens to his iPod really loudly, WITHOUT HEADPHONES. Drives me nuts. Who does that?? I want to listen to my own music, not his.

I workout in my apartment complex gym and there is this girl who talks very loudly on her phone. She will be curling or doing shoulder presses and practically screaming.....it is terrible. I usually just leave.
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    There's a dude who uses the gym in our apartment building - which is a very small gym - and he listens to his iPod really loudly, WITHOUT HEADPHONES. Drives me nuts. Who does that?? I want to listen to my own music, not his.

I workout in my apartment complex gym and there is this girl who talks very loudly on her phone. She will be curling or doing shoulder presses and practically screaming.....it is terrible. I usually just leave.

Oh God.. how tedious. Why aren't we brave enough to tell these people they're just rude?
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    id say my gyms squat rack gets used equally for:

curling
    military press
    squats

not sure how big our gym is size wise but (and sorry i dont know all the technical terms)

2 flat benches
    1 incline bench
    1 decline bench
    2 adjustable benches
    1 decline bench for situps
    1 preacher curl
    1 tbar row
    combined of the following setup
    1 seated row
    1 cable crossover
    1 dip/pullup
    1 lat pulldown
    1 tricep pull down
    1 squat rack
    1 smith machine
    hack squat
    seated leg press

machines are
    preacher curl
    tricep extension
    pec dec
    leg rasies
    lat pull down
    back extensions
    hamstring curls
    leg curls
    leg press

5 elliptical
    2 stair steppers
    3 arc trainers
    4 treadmills
    4 bikes

so you have to make do with what you can make do

as far as working in with someone, as you can see its not a terribly huge gym but some days men synch up their workouts like women do their periods
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Getting on a machine to find it sweaty.
    Using the mats and finding they are sweaty.
    Picking up weights to find they are sweaty.

Do people not know how to wipe?! I bet their underwear is a right state!
  • courtney3988
    courtney3988 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I hate when people don't wipe down the equipment after use know one wants to sit in your sweat. There is walls i guess they are in between the equipment that had disinfect spray and paper towels and garbage to wipe down the machine and throw the paper towel away. Another is when they don't throw the towel away and leave it in the cup holders
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

This!

Also, people who "disappear" in between sets. This one guy arrived at the gym at the same time as me one day and we both got in the squat racks. He did a set and walked away, came back 5 minutes later, did another set and walked away. Then, I saw him leave the gym and get in his truck to leave. He left all his weights on the barbell. Strangest workout I've seen...
  • Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    At my gym the court style floor is seperated into 3 sections with the middle being for basketball and one side each for ping pong (I don't get it either) and aerobics with only a weighted curtain the seperate them. The basketball guys seem to think that they can just run THROUGH the curtain and run into us during our workouts. I have almost been run over multiple times, but when we say stuff all they say is that they can't stop (and I call BS on that).

Also, I work as a civilian for the AF and we are given 3 hours a week paid to workout (healthier force=more effective force) and I see guys in the gym just talking for their entire hour then going home. Grrrr, that is NOT what this time is for *kitten*!