Exercise Induced Asthma

Options
mwitt07
mwitt07 Posts: 77 Member
Hey guys. Just a question. Did any of you develop exercise induced asthma after starting your weight loss journey? If so, is this normal? I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon to find out if in fact this is what is going on with me. I have lost 75 pounds so far and am in what I consider pretty good shape. I am running up to 2.5 miles now and generally walk between 5-7 miles per day and this shortness of breath just started a week or so ago. I went to a Zumba class last night and almost didn't make it through the class which is definitely not normal for me.

Replies

• harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I had exercise induced asthma when I was in grade school. I was pretty fit, played every sport possible, and was a dancer. It came out of the blue. I couldnt run 100 yards without having an attack. My doctor gave me an inhaler, and eventually I grew out of it. I cut back on my exercise a bit for a few years and when I started working out again thought it would come back... but it didn't! I feel like its just a phase... definitely see a doctor though to make sure it isn't something more serious.
    Good luck!
  • mwitt07
    mwitt07 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks I saw a doctor actually and was given an inhaler. They are thinking that it could be allergy related and I am having allergy testing done tomorrow. It could also possibly be GERD. I am seeing a doctor on Monday about that and possibly having tests done to check.