What happens to the food on "Lose it with Jillian"

Options
Does anyone watch "lose it with Jillian" on NBC? I have come to love this show and it is very motivating. My biggest question that I can’t seem to get answered from the network or Jillian is what happens to all the food that she throughout.

For those that haven’t seen the show. It is about families that are very overweight and Jillian from the biggest loser comes in and teaches them how to eat and exercise. Well in every episode she goes into the family’s kitchen and through away trash bags full of food. Most of those have never been opened.

I have been trying to get an answer to see if it all that food goes in the trash or to the local shelters. I really hope shelters. Especially with the economy and so many people unable to find there next meal, they could really help a lot of people.

Replies

• metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I love that show too and I often wondered what they do with the food. I can only assume that the unopened foods will go to a shelter, but anything already opened would probably go in the garbage.
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    you'd be surprised (maybe) how much opened food actually gets donated to food banks/shelters.
  • mcclungjess
    mcclungjess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My bet is on the trash...I don't think she wants anyone to gain weight, regardless of situation.
  • Cathy_5011
    Cathy_5011 Posts: 78
    Options
    My bet is on the trash...I don't think she wants anyone to gain weight, regardless of situation.

Thats my guess too. I am agravated that I cant get the network to awnser my question.