I quit...

Options
124»

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I think it's good to take a break..I rarely log my weekends as I have family time and because I eat roughly the same all the time , I can keep on top of it. I won't be logging at all for two weeks soon due to vacation but I'll be mindful of what I eat.
  • yoyofighter
    yoyofighter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    This is a FOOD LOGGING SITE and not a DATING SITE ;)
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    took a break during Ramadan. Then took a day or 2 off in between but I was just lazy. I like logging honestly. I am kinda pumped up for the results!

Yep, same here.

Yesterday I was super stressed, so I didn't log anything and I may go back today, depending on how I feel. I've been logging consistently for six months, but took a couple of days off due to illnesses. It's good to have a break every now and then.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I've had breaks over holidays etc. But was always mindful of what I ate. Resulted in only a 2lb gain over Christmas last year, which was my last break.

I don't log every single item everyday, somedays I do. If you feel like you need a break though, do it or at least go easier on yourself.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    What else is there to do on MFP besided logging? Oh yeah creeping and asking people on dates!
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I decided to take a break when I noticed the protein and calorie goals were way off and the best advice anyone on the forums can give is to ignore them and they give workarounds on counting exercise so it doesn't recommend back calories. Why not just fix the site instead?
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think it's good to take a break..I rarely log my weekends as I have family time and because I eat roughly the same all the time , I can keep on top of it. I won't be logging at all for two weeks soon due to vacation but I'll be mindful of what I eat.

I pretty much never log my weekends anymore. Same reason>>family time. I do however log my exercise, so I can see when I need a rest day :-)
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging right now too. I'm still mentally trying to keep within a calorie deficit and actually still losing. I'm trying to eat properly. The big one (for me) is limiting the bad stuff - sweets and potato chips (my heroin!). So far so good.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It's your plan... the best answer should be ... Whatever you feel comfortable with!:wink:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I pretty much took a break from November until now. I logged occasionally, but mostly I just didn't feel like it. I maintained my weight within a pound +/- during that entire time and I made considerable strength gains. I also still lost a pants size and shirt size, even though my weight didn't decrease. I'm pretty happy with that :)

But now, it's back to logging and getting rid of the last few pounds so I can reach my final goal.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Double post :brokenheart:
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    ...The truth is when I log I lose (weight that is). But every one takes a break or gets tired of the whole thing. Gaining 2 -3 pounds is my signal to get back on board with logging...

This ^^ Logging exponentially increases my ability to lose weight. When I log, I am more conscious of my decisions. I am more likely to exercise, eat vegetables, and drink water, although these things are not necessarily vital to weight loss (for me).

Every few months I take a couple of months off. I watch my weight closely, and any 2-3 pound fluctuation encourages me to start logging again. Usually I hold my weight steady without logging for at least 6 weeks before having to come back to logging.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Huh? A break.. well I usually do go a day every week or so without logging and then the next day I log everything down. I think this helps me keep track otherwise I know I'll just go over portions, sugar and salt. ALL of which I'm working on keeping under control.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I usually take one day a week where I don't log anything. It's usually on my workout rest day. It's nice to take a day off from the routine.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    If you need a break take a break.

Personally, if I take a "break" I worry about backsliding into old, bad, habits. I am honest in my diary about what I eat, which means that I mostly avoid unhealthy foods/less healthy foods. If my log wasn't there, I would be concerned about bad habits creeping back.
  • melmonroe
    melmonroe Posts: 111
    Options
    At times, I desire to be unaccountable because I just want to eat to be satisfied regardless of the consequences.

It's unfair considering "that skinny dude" who can keep eating and eating without care or concern or weight gain.

It's human nature to want to mess around without consequences. Many children are born that way. Consequences of that one can last decades, long after any memory of any fun is gone.

At least in dieting (unless you eat untreatable poison) you can undo the things done in abandon and thus in hiding.

It is MOST important to log when the reason for not wanting to do it is to attempt to hide accountability.

The Tops Club Motto -- "Even though I overeat in private, my excess poundage is there for the whole world to see."

Added: "I am an intelligent person. I will control my emotions and not let my emotions control me. Every time I am tempted to use food to satisfy my frustrated desires or build up my injured ego or dull my senses, I will remember even though I overeat in private, my excess poundage is there for all the world to see. But I will take off pounds sensibly,"