New lunch food ideas/

Options
TonyMJ84
TonyMJ84 Posts: 46 Member
Im tired of eating salty lean meat sandwiches, salads wont fill me up, and fast food is not a great idea. So what else can I try for my lunch? What do you do for lunch to try to stay healthy?

Replies

• Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    How about..... Watermelon and blackberries?:smile:
  • Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Leftovers. I usually make enough dinner to provide a meal for the next day.
  • TonyMJ84
    Options
    How about..... Watermelon and blackberries?:smile:

Fruits only for lunch? Is that filling or will I have to eat an hour later?
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I get stuck in a rut also. Here are a few ideas I use for sandwiches:

Tomato, cucumber and avocado sandwich. (I also like tomato and cucumber sandwich.)
    Grilled cheese or grilled cheese with tomato or tomato and quality deli meal and cheese
    Peanut butter and banana (can make open faced too, it seems like more food!)
    Egg sandwich with cheese and/or ham
    Tuna, lettuce, tomato
    Tuna melts

I have more, but my brain is not functioning!

Add in a side of veggies and fruit! (One of my favorite veggies to add is zucchini chips, homemade in the oven!)
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm also a leftover person.

Today I have flank steak stir fry with red peppers, mushrooms, broccoli over brown rice. Oh, and 2% plain Fage yogurt.

Yesterday was possibly the biggest salad ever with roasted sweet potato, 150 g of chicken, avocado, nuts.

The day before was my mojo chicken dish. 200 g chicken, seasoned black beans, caramalized onions in mojo sauce over brown rice.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about making a bento-style lunch! (: It's usually rice, chopped up vegetables of your choice, and some type of bite-sized treat or meat (like eggs, chicken, or shrimp). You could also do fruit as a dessert. I like this site for ideas: http://justbento.com/

Also, I second Valkyriewoman on the leftovers. I live by myself, so I normally have lots of leftovers, and they're great for lunch.
  • TonyMJ84
    Options
    I'm also a leftover person.

Today I have flank steak stir fry with red peppers, mushrooms, broccoli over brown rice. Oh, and 2% plain Fage yogurt.

Yesterday was possibly the biggest salad ever with roasted sweet potato, 150 g of chicken, avocado, nuts.

The day before was my mojo chicken dish. 200 g chicken, seasoned black beans, caramalized onions in mojo sauce over brown rice.

Make enough for me next time! jk. Sounds delish!
  • kcamp79
    kcamp79 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    fish is a great way to change things up a bit.
    maybe you could try quinoa. theres alot you can do with that
    lentils, brown rice and black beans, peanut butter and sugar free jelly sandwhich!
    hope this helps!
  • 4laurabell
    4laurabell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love homemade guacamole. It takes 3 minutes to make, is so filling and has really healthy fats/calories. Avocado, lime juice, cilantro is all you really need to make it...then I add what I like to it...garlic, salt, pepper, jalapenos, scallions.

Black beans are really filling...but a little too much starch for my personal goals right now...but I plan to add them back in at some time in the future.

Also, I've found anything in a soup can be really filling too. Chicken broth or a can of diced tomatoes can help plain foods like chicken taste and "feel" like so much more in your belly.

Almonds and berries help my salads feel more filling.

Good luck.
  • TonyMJ84
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    I like a hummus chicken salad wrap for lunch.

2 cups shredded chicken breast
    1/2 cup hummus (I use classic Sabra)
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup chopped celery
    1 Tbs lemon juice

Mix all the ingredients. Makes 4 servings. Serve a heaping 1/2 cup with leafy lettuce on Light Flatout bread.

This wrap is filling and only 300 calories. High in protein and fiber.
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I like a hummus chicken salad wrap for lunch.

2 cups shredded chicken breast
    1/2 cup hummus (I use classic Sabra)
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup chopped celery
    1 Tbs lemon juice

Mix all the ingredients. Makes 4 servings. Serve a heaping 1/2 cup with leafy lettuce on Light Flatout bread.

This wrap is filling and only 300 calories. High in protein and fiber.

^^^sounds delish!
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Last night I made a pot of soup just tossing in things from the fridge and freezer. Made enough for dinner and a couple of lunches.