Peanut Butter M&Ms in the UK

Options
2»

Replies

• confetti_blind
    confetti_blind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am also fascinated by red velvet cake! I desperately want to try some! I bumped into a lady with a shop in Brixton who makes wedding cakes and she said that she is getting more and more orders for red velvet cake in the UK.

I was so intrigued that I looked up the recipe, it looks like chocolate cake with red food colouring and some recipes also have a mug of coffee added into the mix. I can't bake a cake though because... well, I will end up eating it all. The entire cake.
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Have you ever ate a marshmellow fluff and peanut butter sandwich? good stuff........ gooooood stuufffffff.
    [/quote]

Loved that as a kid! Still do!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried the almond M&M's? do they taste like marzipan? are they worth paying £1.80 for a small bag?
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter just isn't a "thing" like it is in the US. Kids don't grow up eating PB&J. I don't think you can even get grape jelly here (although Jelly is a completely different thing here). Daughter and I were in London last month and saw Reeces Peanut butter cups for the first time since coming here...I bought her one, but resisted for myself.

As for a Fluffernutter (Fluff and PB) I grew up on them. They originated in the New England area because Fluff is made in Massachusetts. There was a time when you could barely get it outside of the NE area. My mom used to ship me some down when I was living in Mississippi.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You can get Reeces peices in Sainsburys and also in our university shop. I think they are absoultly awesome as I don't eat chocolate. I haven't had any since I started trying to loose wieght, though I have had plenty peanut butter.

Never tried peanut butter M&Ms.