NON FOOD REWARDS - NEED SOME IDEAS

Options
Hi, Everyone:

I would like to "reward" myself with every 10 pounds that I lose. For instance, for my first 10 lb loss (just occurred), I rewarded myself with a new heart rate monitor watch/chest strap. But, as I look at the following, I come up empty. I am not a big "wanter." How are some ways that you reward yourselves. "Going out for dinner" is not something I want to "reward" myself with.

10 lbs Polar FT7 Heart Rate Watch Monitor

20 lbs

30 lbs Buy new wardrobe (imagine current clothes will be too big??)

40 lbs

50 lbs

60 lbs

70 lbs Book a cruise!!!

Thanks for sharing your ideas of good rewards.

Dee

Replies

• xbted
    xbted Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    For myself, I lost 12 pounds, so I bought myself some new cologne. If I look better, I need to smell better!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    For myself, I lost 12 pounds, so I bought myself some new cologne. If I look better, I need to smell better!

That's a great one, Ted! Why couldn't I have thought of that?!?
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Buying a good book or even an e-reader if you want to spend that much
    Going to see a movie
    Go out and play putt-putt/theme park
    Day Spa
    Hiking
    See a concert/play
    Buying new shoes (running shoes)
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    How about cute new shoes/sandals, manicure and/or pedicure or even a facial is nice.
    Depending on what your workouts are maybe a new piece of workout equipment or new workout clothes....that's generally what I bought as a reward.
    Good luck on reaching your goals!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    massage/pedicure
    hair cut colour at expensive salon
    piece of art
    jewelry
    shoes (you may go down shoe sizes as well)
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to buy a bracelet (Pandora type) and add a bead each time I lose weight and/or have a significant NSV! I'm looking forward to looking at beads and remembering why I got each one :D
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    These are ALL great ideas!
  • kimastbury
    kimastbury Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to buy a bracelet (Pandora type) and add a bead each time I lose weight and/or have a significant NSV! I'm looking forward to looking at beads and remembering why I got each one :D

This is a fantastic idea! I love this, to symbolise your path to get there, how far you have come, and not to back slide. Beautiful!!!
  • shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would list massage in there somewhere.

I find with myself, and with other obese people, we tend to try to disconnect from our bodies, and a massage is a good way to get back in touch with it.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Pandora charm too. I have my first one for getting out of the "obese" category - and it's bright red so I know it will be staring at me every time I look at my wrist to remind me never to go back. They have a line of charms called "stepping stones", so I like that for the various stepping stones of the journey.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    At 60 do a Photo-shoot, put it on the wall so u remember why U did it
  • Erin0164
    Erin0164 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Buy the supplies for a hobby you have always wanted to try! Like painting watercolors or herb gardening or flyfishing or silversmithing - whatever! New hobbies will also distract you from food:)
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Pandora charm too. I have my first one for getting out of the "obese" category - and it's bright red so I know it will be staring at me every time I look at my wrist to remind me never to go back. They have a line of charms called "stepping stones", so I like that for the various stepping stones of the journey.

I didn't know they had stepping stone charms :) Now I'm excited. I hadn't done it yet but had been noodling the idea.....you might have just made it a definate YES :)
  • mharris1224
    mharris1224 Posts: 51
    Options
    When I return home from deployment, I should be well past my goals. I am going to pick three things I have always wanted to do and do them. right now here is my list.
    See the ocean
    Get open water scuba certified
    Take dance lessons (rather than "wing it" as I do now)
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

That is a really cute idea!! I'm boring, but I think I'm gonna stick with manicures. I love getting them, but i've been trying to save money. I can't wait till I get my first one!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    A blue-violet freshwater pearl and iolite necklace. This was for my first 9 lbs. lost.

A beautiful glittery belt of narrow crossed strips in brown, bronze, copper, and cream. It's two inches from fitting right now; this is my next "reward".

When I've hit my goal, which will be according to appearance and not the scale, I'll buy myself a pair of iolite earrings.
  • confetti_blind
    confetti_blind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    These are some lovely ideas! I also 'treat' myself at each milestone and buy something nice for the house, some jewelley, new shoes.

I don't know if I can afford to keep losing weight though!
  • Browneyedgirl140
    Browneyedgirl140 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I had a reward system for every 5 lbs, here are some of the things I did:
    - went horseback ridng
    -bought a new workout outfit
    -play laser tag
    -massage
    -started a vacation fund
    -new purse
    -movie night

Now, I am trying so hard to reach my final goalL professional pics with the boyfriend. We currently have not pics out on display because I don't like how I look in them.

Good luck finding the rewards that fit you!
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi, Everyone:

I would like to "reward" myself with every 10 pounds that I lose. For instance, for my first 10 lb loss (just occurred), I rewarded myself with a new heart rate monitor watch/chest strap. But, as I look at the following, I come up empty. I am not a big "wanter." How are some ways that you reward yourselves. "Going out for dinner" is not something I want to "reward" myself with.

10 lbs Polar FT7 Heart Rate Watch Monitor

20 lbs

30 lbs Buy new wardrobe (imagine current clothes will be too big??)

40 lbs

50 lbs

60 lbs

70 lbs Book a cruise!!!

Thanks for sharing your ideas of good rewards.

Dee

How about a starting a collection jar? Put a dollar (or more!) in the jar for each pound you lose. Then when you get to your short-term goal, go spend it on yourself! Mani/Pedi? New shoes? Fresh flowers? Facial/massage?
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Love this. Also, when you lose the number of pounds you want to lose, get that number stamped on a metal disc and put it on a bracelet.