BUMP READ LATER SAVE FOR SUGGESTIONS ,
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Maths!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    That's got to be some nasty protein if you can't drink it with water OR milk!

Toss it and buy a different brand. I get the Body Fortress brand or Muscle Tech at Walmart and have not had an issue with the taste and I have made my shake with water and with milk.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    That's got to be some nasty protein if you can't drink it with water OR milk!

Toss it and buy a different brand. I get the Body Fortress brand or Muscle Tech at Walmart and have not had an issue with the taste and I have made my shake with water and with milk.

Ive used these in the past..these are good tasting brands =)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    So you drank 6oz out of 12. If only there were some sort of formula to calculate this. Then again, none of us are mathematicians here. Best idea would be to to just quick-add 500 calories and spend 3 hours on the elliptical just to be on the safe side.
  • tonitass
    tonitass Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you don't care for the taste instead of water use coconut/almond milk (unsweetened), put in a couple of ice cubes and blend it up. I do this plus ad a tablespoon of Davinci or Torani sugar free flavor (usually caramel) YUM!
    yeah tried it with a variety of different milks prior to this and it tasted worse.
    I'm actually thinking about doing a fruit/vegetable shake to see if that will work to mask the flavor. its just gross in general it leaves a metalic after taste.

What kind of protein powder are you using? I have a protein shake almost every day and it's delicious. I don't mix with water, I mix with Skim milk.
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb - love that it has very low carbs and sugar. Hate that it is very expensive. Planning on trying the WalMart one next. However, I use my shake to replace breakfast, I use 1 scoop of protien, 12 oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1/2 bag of the frozen yoplait smoothie mix. You can't even taste the protien! Comes out to 235 calories for breakfast!
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Buy the sample packs til you find one you like. I like Designer Whey, MRM and Jay Robb the best. Great taste.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    yup, half.

if you don't like the taste try LESS water/milk and just slug it :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I use like 3 ounces of water with a scoop of whey.

If you use 12 ounces it'll be disgusting. Imagine mixing a cup of milk with a pint of water.
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I used to get EAS protein powder at Target and never had an issue with the taste.

I currently use ON protein powder and it tastes pretty good.
  • InstantKarma24
    InstantKarma24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I didn't know bad tasting shakes still existed. Have you tried Optimum nutrition 100% whey?

Oh, they exist... for Example, the Metabolic Extreme 60 Power is the most atrocious thing I have ever tasted... And I have a huge bottle of it, because I am not a very smart person...
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with almond milk- not water. Only adds like 30 or 40 cals depending on which one you get but makes it more of a shake then a water drink

^This. It's the only way I drink mine..with almond milk. I also add ground chia seed, chlorella, liquid pottasium and sometimes a scoop of PB2. The almond milk makes it creamy and like a shake - wouldn't have it any other way :)

I also tried a variety of different brands before I narrowed down what I like and so far the best ones are Jay Robb Chocolate Flavor, GNC Extreme Wheybolic 60 Vanilla Flavor, About Time Banana & Birthday Cake Flavor.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you're insistent on using water, try chocolate whey and heating it up a bit after mixing. Don't boil it because the whey will turn to curd, but it's more like a hot chocolate that way.
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yikes :/ I use Target Market Pantry's 100% Whey Chocolate powder and it's pretty good mixed with about a cup of milk. I usually toss it in the blender with a handful of blueberries and spinach because those are things I won't eat otherwise. It honestly tastes like a chocolate milkshake.
  • bkknauer
    bkknauer Posts: 28
    Options
    try syntha 6 chocolate peanut butter protien powder tastes yummy...
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Dear God what brand are you using that tastes that bad?

Try adding a banana and pineapples or some cinnamon and milk. Shakes with water gross.

I try and buy single serve sample packets (Or call and ask the company to send me one before I buy a HUGE tub). Also where did you buy it from. I shop at Sprouts - they guarantee everything. If I buy it, open it, use some and hate it, I can bring it back.

I use NutraSumma Pea (it's plain and not flavored or sweetened). I've used HempPro70 and Lifebasics in the past.

Protein is good for you. try and find one you like. :-)
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Dear God what brand are you using that tastes that bad?

Try adding a banana and pineapples or some cinnamon and milk. Shakes with water gross.

I try and buy single serve sample packets (Or call and ask the company to send me one before I buy a HUGE tub). Also where did you buy it from. I shop at Sprouts - they guarantee everything. If I buy it, open it, use some and hate it, I can bring it back.

I use NutraSumma Pea (it's plain and not flavored or sweetened). I've used HempPro70 and Lifebasics in the past.

Protein is good for you. try and find one you like. :-)

Currently we have a tub of GNC 100% Whey Strawberry I have dietary restrictions for being a bariatric patient, that my doctor doesn't want my protein going over 110 cal/20 gram protein. the other GNC flavors we have tried that met the criteria were great bananas and cream, cookies and cream, mixed berry however this one is terrible but we spent 75 dollars on the tub and I can't rightly throw it out the window.
    However this morning I tried it with fruit blended with mint and it turned out great, no aftertaste or anything plus I got some fruit in :-) so for now I think I'll be okay.
    I appreciate everyone's feedback! Thanks everyone