Muscle weights THE SAME as fat!

Options

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Carrots have the same caloric content as Butter, because 1 cal of butter = 1 cal of carrots
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I personally love this debate because both answers are correct.

1 kg of feathers weighs the same as 1kg of lead. This is accurate.

However - normal people understand the implied "equal volume", which allows them to say muscle weighs more than fat, accurately.

If we're using examples .. Imagine 2 arms - same bone structure, same measurements. One arm belongs to a guy with 35% body fat. One arm belongs to a guy with 15% body fat.

Which weighs more?

This is what allows us to say that muscle weighs more than fat. we ALL understand that what people are actually saying is "muscle is more dense than fat and therefore it weighs more than a similar volume of fat." ...
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Actually, their weight depends on how far each is from the center of the earth and/or a massive body. . so. . in actual fact your puppy probably weighs more than Mt. Kilimanjaro, since the base altitude of Kilimanjaro is over a mile above sea-level (unless your puppy is also more than a mile above sea level).
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    1 kg of farts weighs the same as 2 kg of clouds.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    RUT???? Muscle weights?

1000 pounds of shart weighs the same as 1000 pounds of knowledge
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    1 pound of rocks on the moon weigh as much as 1 pound of 8 track players on earth! Fun fun!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    On the moon, I weigh 26 lbs.

On Mars, I weigh 60 lbs

On Venus, I weigh 145 lbs

On Jupiter, I weigh 378 lbs

On Pluto, I weigh 10 lbs

On Saturn, I weigh 146 lbs

On Uranus, I weigh 142 lbs

I hope they have MPF on Jupiter... that place is rough... and windy, I hear. Also, I bet my vert jump might actually be impressive on Pluto (I know it's not a planet anymore :cry: ).

On Mercury, I weigh

On Neptune, I weigh
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    The difference is density, that is all.

lot of density on the forum
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I personally love this debate because both answers are correct.

1 kg of feathers weighs the same as 1kg of lead. This is accurate.

However - normal people understand the implied "equal volume", which allows them to say muscle weighs more than fat, accurately.

If we're using examples .. Imagine 2 arms - same bone structure, same measurements. One arm belongs to a guy with 35% body fat. One arm belongs to a guy with 15% body fat.

Which weighs more?

This is what allows us to say that muscle weighs more than fat. we ALL understand that what people are actually saying is "muscle is more dense than fat and therefore it weighs more than a similar volume of fat." ...

You would be surprised how many "normal" people are speaking of "weight" when make the following statement:
    "muscle WEIGHS more than fat"

I guess you might be right though, some us are born intelligent/
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    The difference is density, that is all.

Lorraine, you are my density!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    1 kilo of coke is the same a 1 kilo of weed is the same as 1 kilo of meth.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    They do weigh the same, the muscle just takes up less space on the body, and fat takes up more.
  • Race2the9
    Race2the9 Posts: 77
    Options

On Mars, I weigh 60 lbs

On Pluto, I weigh 10 lbs

I hope they have MPF on Jupiter... that place is rough... and windy, I hear. Also, I bet my vert jump might actually be impressive on Pluto (I know it's not a planet anymore :cry: ).

On Mercury, I weigh

On Neptune, I weigh

So basically losing weight is irrelavent, because of your example that you posted regarding the effects of gravity that one mass has on another; Say the mass of the rotaing planet affecting the mass thats on it! (ME) So I propose that we forget all about focusing on our weight loss and start focusing on our body mass!!! Or move to the moon!:laugh:
  • brower47
    Options

On Mars, I weigh 60 lbs

On Pluto, I weigh 10 lbs

On Mercury, I weigh

On Neptune, I weigh

So basically losing weight is irrelavent, because of your example that you posted regarding the effects of gravity that one mass has on another; Say the mass of the rotaing planet affecting the mass thats on it! (ME) So I propose that we forget all about focusing on our weight loss and start focusing on our body mass!!! Or move to the moon!:laugh:

Maybe that's why they call it BMI. :tongue:
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Not true. Weight varies from one planet (or gravitation field} to the next. Mass is constant and does not change.
  • Race2the9
    Options

On Mars, I weigh 60 lbs

On Pluto, I weigh 10 lbs

On Mercury, I weigh

On Neptune, I weigh

Maybe that's why they call it BMI. :tongue:

Oh!!!! maybe!, nudge² :wink:²
  • brower47
    Options
    In the vacuum of space, I weigh nothing.

Oh, and no one can hear me scream.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    1 kilo of coke is the same a 1 kilo of weed is the same as 1 kilo of meth.

$12,000 - $30,000 vs $2500 - $5000 vs $35,000-$50,000

Not the same.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Actually, their weight depends on how far each is from the center of the earth and/or a massive body. . so. . in actual fact your puppy probably weighs more than Mt. Kilimanjaro, since the base altitude of Kilimanjaro is over a mile above sea-level (unless your puppy is also more than a mile above sea level).
    That's pretty heavy. I think your puppy needs MFP.
  • Race2the9
    Options
    Not true. Weight varies from one planet (or gravitation field} to the next. Mass is constant and does not change.

Mass in the contect of volume but not density... thats a seperate subject. for example, a balloon filled with air is going to fall at a slower rate that a rock of the same size and volume because of density!