Apples

2»

Replies

• kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    I SO can't wait until the fall when HONEY CRISP apples come into season...drool...I think I could live on a diet based soley on honey crisp apples.

it's only about a month away!!! they're my faves.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I just bite into mine.........is that not acceptable in America?
    It appears it is not any longer. :noway: :wink: :laugh:

But hey I do anyway:smokin: , and no apple police or saran wrap police or even rubber band police have caught up with me yet! I'm on the lamb with my apples... bwwwwwwwwhahahah The only bad part is, I have to change my name each time I eat an apple that way, for identity purposes. They're still putting together my Apple Witness Protection Paper Work:glasses:

ahh I think it's way past my bedtime. lol:yawn:
  • pickledlilly
    pickledlilly Posts: 98 Member
    I prefer the apple in liquid form - cider
  • Hi
    here are 3 ways:
    1)if you dont like the tast of Lemon juice add the tiniest bit of sugar to it too this counteracts the acidity :smile:
    2)the other way is to blanch them in boiling water for 1-2 minutes as This will denature the enzyme
    3)Cover exposed apple flesh tightly in plastic wrap. This will work best if you have half an apple (as opposed to several pieces). Try to avoid having creases in the plastic wrap on the exposed side. This technique keeps the air away from the apple flesh to prevent the the apple flesh from oxidizing.
    4)Use Ginger ale. Soak in ginger ale for 10 min and then eat or you can put them in a bag for a picnic.
    5)Ascorbic acid, better known as vitamin C. Look for it in the canning section or pharmacy as powder. Apply directly or dissolved in water (1/2 tsp. per 2 1/2 cups of water

Hope this helps a little :happy:
  • pickledlilly
    pickledlilly Posts: 98 Member

But hey I do anyway:smokin: , and no apple police or saran wrap police or even rubber band police have caught up with me yet! I'm on the lamb with my apples... bwwwwwwwwhahahah The only bad part is, I have to change my name each time I eat an apple that way, for identity purposes. They're still putting together my Apple Witness Protection Paper Work:glasses:

Don't worry too much about the police, we'll bypass them as I'm a judge and I've got yer number. Times up lady, get yer apples sliced or else:explode: I
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member

Don't worry too much about the police, we'll bypass them as I'm a judge and I've got yer number. Times up lady, get yer apples sliced or else:explode: I
    :cry: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :glasses:
This discussion has been closed.