Sports Bra for Larger Bust Recommendation

Options
13»

Replies

• AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    ENELL - the BEST!!!! Well worth the $50+. I buy a size smaller than they recommend - first time in my life I haven't had to wear two (or three) sports bras! Definitely go to the site (just google it) and watch how to put them on. You can also get them on amazon! Love it!

Ditto. Well worth the money!

100% the best!!! Worth the money!
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32dd/e I've tried a few and the best has been the shock absorber ones. I bought mine on ASOS they litrally dont budge in it even through sprints. Its not uncomfortable either.
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Check out bras from Title 9 or Athleta; they make a variety for different sizes and sport types. They also have AWESOME customer service who can walk you through different recommendations and sizing tips (I did it through online chat). They're a little pricier but TOTALLY worth it!
  • Dswolves
    Dswolves Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wear a 34H (american bras that would be a K) and I love my panache sports bra. I also use elomi energize which work well as a regular bra that you can be active in or as a sports bra either way. also get yourself properly measured, you may not be in the right size bra anyway.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I'm a FF. I got fitted at a boutique that specialized in bras...like the show DD Divas. They had really great sports bra options for large chested ladies...super expensive but well worth the money!
  • iheartchandlerbing
    Options
    I'm a 32II and I love the Enell sports bra. Not the prettiest bra you'll ever see, but they're wire free and hold on to the girls like nothing else. Go by bust measurement, the bra supports you *all over* instead of relying on the straps and band.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I wear a 34H (american bras that would be a K) and I love my panache sports bra. I also use elomi energize which work well as a regular bra that you can be active in or as a sports bra either way. also get yourself properly measured, you may not be in the right size bra anyway.

I use and love those bras too!
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ENELL - the BEST!!!! Well worth the $50+.

Agreed! 30+ lbs ago, I was a 40DD. I tried on a bunch of 'regular' sports bras and they didn't help at all. The sporting goods store near us didn't carry UnderArmour or similar bras in my size--and certainly none larger.

I went to a specialty bra store that carred Enell (because I'd found references to it on the forums) and tried on multiple brands of sports bras as long as I was there. Enell was the only one I could do jumping jacks in, so it's what I bought. I bought it about 28 lbs ago and it still fits, which is good because it was expensive. I do have it hooked tighter, though.

Their sizing is a bit odd--they don't use the typical band/cup size, so trying them on is probably best.

I know it'd be nice to have an inexpensive option, but I haven't found one!
  • san0322
    san0322 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38F and I used to wear 3 bras (the Moving Comfort Maia one of the three) until I found the Panache sports bra. Now I only have to wear this ONE bra. http://www.panache-lingerie.com/us/panache-sport/collection/latest/

It encapsulates each breast, it has an underwire (which is a MUST for me) and you have the option to hook the straps at the top in the back for a racerback look. I actually prefer this because I feel that the racerback actually holds me in even more.

My suggestion is to find a brick and mortar store and get fitted and do the jumping test first. I actually sized down a cup size to the 38E. Then after you find your size, go on Amazon and buy from then on out, because they're much cheaper that way. http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Womens-Underwired-Sports-Black/dp/B005VNFG7S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368120600&sr=8-2&keywords=panache

Good luck and happy running!
  • san0322
    san0322 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump.
    I'm a 34G, bras in general are hard to find without a hefty price tag, being a student doesn't help.

This is true. But if you're looking for something cute (and not old-lady looking that covers you up to your neck) check out Nordstrom. I like Freya bras. Their molded plunge is pretty nice. Plus they have some cuter designs. Their prices are pretty comparable to shoping at VS. I can't believe VS just finally upped their game to selling DDD. We still need bigger cups!
  • aquajen77
    aquajen77 Posts: 20
    Options
    Shock Absorber Run. I like that I can wear racer back tanks with it.
  • katheryndanielson
    Options
    Panache is amazing very supportive no jiggly great for running. I just got mine a couple weeks ago and it was well worth the investment. Im 32g have always had trouble finding my size panache carries tons of hard to find sizes. Worth it :)
  • Mooster927
    Mooster927 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 34DD and just fell in love with the Moving Comfort Rebound Racer and Juno. Both can be hard to get out of when you are sweaty, but that is a price I'm willing to pay for the support they provideI used to hate running, still do actually, but since I bought a bra that fits and doesn't allow any amount of jiggle it is sooo much more comfortable.
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Competitive horserider- wouldn't be without Shock absorber max. Comes in such cute colours too :) As a rule only go for ones with two fastenings at the back ;)
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Champion Powerback. White and beige available at Title 9. I prefer black.

http://www.onehanesplace.com/outlet/champion-bras/champion-powerback-reg;-underwire-sports-bra

Tricky to get off, you need to be flexible.

I currently wear a 36DD in this, but a 38DDD (almost 38DD) in the Lane Bryant Cacique regular bra line (which I have heard runs a tad small compared to other brands, so I don't think it is that the Champion runs big). I know I need a smaller size when I get under arm rub. I've been using this bra for many years. When I first started running (wearing their 38DD), I also wore a sports bra by either Freya or Moving Comfort underneath. But now I only need this one. No seams across the Nipple line, and really nice definition. I like the profile under my clothes much better than the Freyas and Moving Comforts that I have.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • woowo77
    woowo77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    34GG here. I swear by Panache Ultimate Underwired and Shock Absorber bras. I get mine from EBay which tend to be a lot cheaper then high street shops. I been doing aerial fitness and been hanging upside down off equipment and they've not budged an inch. Shock absorbers don't look as nice as the ultimate underwired but they really hold you in for intensive workouts.