Stuck at a 22 lb loss

I have hit a plateau! I have lost 22 lbs and can't seem to go any further...and I have much further to go. I am following my calorie intake religiously and exercising several times per week, but still stuck. Any tips?

Replies

• MrsG2
    MrsG2 Posts: 56 Member
    The same thing happened to me at about the same time...I had lost 24 lbs. I read a lot about things to do, but what I did was stick it out. It was almost 4 weeks before I saw the scale move, but it finally happened. I don't think it would hurt to increase calories a little or even exercise more. I procrastinated long enough before making a decision about what to do and then whaddayaknow... the scale started moving again.

I think my body woke up after the first 24 and said "HEY...what are you doing?". Once it realized it's still going to survive, it lets things happen.

I know, not sage advice, just my experience. The loss continues and it's slow, but the key is that it's continuing. Good luck and don't give up!!
  • miissnessa
    miissnessa Posts: 43 Member
    Don't give up! Don't weigh yourself everyday and just continue to exercise. Maybe add a couple more work outs into your exercise routine. Take a walk everyday and continue to eat your calorie intake. Those pounds WILL come off. Just don't give up. :)
  • DANADUCK1
    DANADUCK1 Posts: 3
    Thanks, guys! Needed that encouragement!