weight loss aids

Options
Hi there

I'm new here and was wondering if anyone has everone has ever used any weight loss aids? Looking for both positive and negative feedback here people. I wondered into a shop and on a whim bought XLS Medical, a fat binder. I've not yet used these as wanted to see what the feedback was, but haven't managed to find much online.

Also has anyone ever tried such aids as creatine?

Replies

• Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Positive and negative feedback on aids? Lawl....

Edit: Seriously though, the only thing I'd recommend to help your weight loss would be a food scale and (not or) measuring cups. Will power and self-control are free and help a lot too. :)
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've got some hand weights, good running shoes and a HRM or two, all the aids I need
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I thought weight loss was more due to the meds than the AIDS ...
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    All you need is a caloric deficit and exercise.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I recommend a food scale, a measuring cup and an exercise bike or a treadmill.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    The only weight loss aid you need is eating utensils.

There is no magic formula, just burn more than you consume, and call it a day.

Seriously.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    The only weight loss aid you need is eating utensils.

There is no magic formula, just burn more than you consume, and call it a day.

Exactly... Why do people make it so dag on hard?!?!? :huh:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I have the mathematical formula that will change your life and make you lose weight ready....

Eat in 500 calorie deficit + exercise more = lose weight ...

Yes, it really is that simple.

You dont' need magic fair dust, or thermo nuclear diet pills, or the cabbage diet or any of that ..

Just eat less and move more..

good luck to you ..
  • ndj1979
    Options
    All you need is a caloric deficit and exercise.

nonsense!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Weight loss aids that I use:

Scale
    Food scale
    Measuring cups
    MFP
    Gym
  • Ragarianok
    Ragarianok Posts: 23
    Options
    Am I the only one who thought about that South Park episode "Jared Has Aides" when reading the title of this post? You know... the one where everyone confuses aides with AIDS. Made me chuckle a little bit.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thought about that South Park episode "Jared Has Aides" when reading the title of this post? You know... the one where everyone confuses aides with AIDS. Made me chuckle a little bit.

LOL I love that episode.

AIDES for everyone!
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ignore the mean mouthed people, their intentions are good, they just don't know how to be polite

But they have the same message for you. Don't waste your money or your time on such stuff, just stick to vegetables, fruit and meat etc, a good balanced diet. There are plenty of forums here that can help you to achieve this and do check out the top couple of forum listings for new people as they are very very helpful in gaining basic knowledge. Good luck!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Ignore the mean mouthed people, their intentions are good, they just don't know how to be polite

But they have the same message for you. Don't waste your money or your time on such stuff, just stick to vegetables, fruit and meat etc, a good balanced diet. There are plenty of forums here that can help you to achieve this and do check out the top couple of forum listings for new people as they are very very helpful in gaining basic knowledge. Good luck!

this offends me...
  • ndj1979
    Options

LOL I love that episode.

AIDES for everyone!

bhahahahaha... I just noticed that ...
  • AnnInTexas
    AnnInTexas Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    To the OP: Sorry, you probably aren't going to get much sage advice on this one.
    I see you've only had three posts, so I don't want you to get discouraged from using MFP!

If you want to know the real truth about what can help - you should talk to your regular doctor next time you have an appointment. He or she can probably give you the most educated response. I did that and it has really helped get me on the right path.

Chances are you will either be given a diet to follow, or recommended something similar... logging your food and exercise really helps the most.

Good luck to you, and welcome to MyFitnessPal!

Ann
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.:flowerforyou:

Log everything you eat here ...... this will let you see what changes you need to make ...... PERMANENT changes will result in weight loss AND the ability to keep the weight off.

While "diet aids" may kick start a diet, may help you shed a few pounds ...... diet aids will not help you keep the weight off. Most MFP'ers are working toward lifestyle changes.
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options

this offends me...

Good. I'm glad about that. She said she was new, no need to be negative, we're all here for positive encouragement and advice .... Right?!! So, I gave advice and the best place to start :)
    *or he, sorry :( .. Wanted positive and negative ... I've seen both sides and know that the positives only come from nature and not from a processed tin of whatever is the latest craze.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

this offends me...

Good. I'm glad about that. She said she was new, no need to be negative, we're all here for positive encouragement and advice .... Right?!! So, I gave advice and the best place to start :)

Technically I am here for the calorie counting and the hot chicks. But good for you!
  • deegee44
    deegee44 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above...my diet aid was firstly commitment, determination, will power, less calories per day and more...lots more exercise! and the weight began to shift. Don't forget to log everything! Hope this helps. All the best:smile: