For all the people freaking out about Abercrombie...

Options

Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Jeffries and the "cool" people that he describes are walking parodies of themselves.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    :)
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love Single Dad Laughing

He gets it right every time
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I used to wear a&f when I was a size 0. But not anymore and I don't anymore.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I love his idea about the tags and overweight homeless people.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I love his response, and agree. It makes no real difference to me. I think many companies hold the same beliefs, they just don't shout it out, the just get the message out through the products they carry which states loud and clear who the expected/accepted clientele is. His honesty is simply his saying out loud what many companies already make perfectly clear, "You're not welcome here." That said, I like it when people show their true character, makes it easier for me to not give them the time of day (or the money in my wallet).
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Jimmine Crickets

Oh wait. No. That’s the “future Biff” from Back to the Future.

That guy has horrbile ways of thinking.

And the store could make more $ If they sold sizes larger than size 10 for women. I noticed it also stated that they sell up to size 2XL to accomodate male athletes thou. Are there no women athletes in a size 11/12??
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Actually I had never heard of Abercrombie and Fitch before any of this, so the outcry is making him loads more popular. I agree with Laughing Dad, fat discrimination is out there and at least we now know where he stands. I would rather know. My own brother thought I was stupid for decades because I was fat. First visit with my current doctor, I asked her if she had a problem with fat people, because if she did I would find someone else. Being very obese since childhood I have experienced a lot of this type of behavior. Oh well, their problem.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    That's a really reasonable response. It's unfortunate that people choose to let their prejudices blind them. Discrimination hurts everyone. The upside on this one? Now we know. If Jeffries thinks he's some kind of visionary by putting his bigotry out there, he won't be dissuaded, but I will avoid lining his pockets with my hard-earned money. That said, I'm totally tempted to make a "Fat guy in a little coat." gif of my size 16 self in a size 6 A&F jacket just to put the smack down.

tumblr_lz3bzcXrmq1qdzj0yo1_500.gif
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    What I don't understand, and this is coming from a size 16 girl (former size 20), is why everyone is up in arms about A&F "hating" fat people, but no one claims a company like Lane Bryant, Torrid, or Big & Tall stores "hate" skinny people. I don't fit in A&F, even if I could, I probably wouldn't because I don't particularly like their clothes. I feel as excluded from there and my thin friends would feel when I shop at Torrid. My best friend is a size 4/6 and we love going shopping, but it's pretty few and far between that a store carries clothes that fit both of us. Whether we're in "standard" sized clothing stores or "plus" size stores, the other always finds an item of clothing that we wish they carried in out size. A&F and Torrid are both exclusionary to a certain type of shopper, but you don't hear an uproar about it on the other end of the spectrum.
    (on a fun side note, there used to be a plus size store near me called NO SKINNY! now THAT is blatant exclusion)
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    **** brand anyway. who gives a fk.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    What I don't understand, and this is coming from a size 16 girl (former size 20), is why everyone is up in arms about A&F "hating" fat people, but no one claims a company like Lane Bryant, Torrid, or Big & Tall stores "hate" skinny people. I don't fit in A&F, even if I could, I probably wouldn't because I don't particularly like their clothes. I feel as excluded from there and my thin friends would feel when I shop at Torrid. My best friend is a size 4/6 and we love going shopping, but it's pretty few and far between that a store carries clothes that fit both of us. Whether we're in "standard" sized clothing stores or "plus" size stores, the other always finds an item of clothing that we wish they carried in out size. A&F and Torrid are both exclusionary to a certain type of shopper, but you don't hear an uproar about it on the other end of the spectrum.
    (on a fun side note, there used to be a plus size store near me called NO SKINNY! now THAT is blatant exclusion)
    Well put! I think the real thing that's got so many upset is the words he used. He says he only wants "skinny" "cool" and "good looking" people to work in his stores and wear his clothing. He's making the claim that a woman who wears a bigger size than 10 can't be any of those things. And that's an out right lie!
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well put! I think the real thing that's got so many upset is the words he used. He says he only wants "skinny" "cool" and "good looking" people to work in his stores and wear his clothing. He's making the claim that a woman who wears a bigger size than 10 can't be any of those things. And that's an out right lie!

^This!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Don't care.
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Don't care.

That was kind of the point of the guy's blog. lol
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Don't care.

Too many words.
    :tongue: :wink:
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to be discriminated against because of your fat, then lose weight. Plain and simple. I get the fat jokes too, believe me, but I figure people are entitled to do so. Being fat is gross and it's something I can control (or will soon). It's my fault I'm fat and if people want to exclude me because of it, that is totally up to them and totally fine with me. I encourage them to do so. Maybe it will inspire me to work harder and lose more weight.

It's not like he is discriminating against people who have no choice but to be what they are. We fatties have a choice. We chose to get fat.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Don't care.

Too many words.
    :tongue: :wink:

meh
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to be discriminated against because of your fat, then lose weight. Plain and simple. I get the fat jokes too, believe me, but I figure people are entitled to do so. Being fat is gross and it's something I can control (or will soon). It's my fault I'm fat and if people want to exclude me because of it, that is totally up to them and totally fine with me. I encourage them to do so. Maybe it will inspire me to work harder and lose more weight.

It's not like he is discriminating against people who have no choice but to be what they are. We fatties have a choice. We chose to get fat.

That may or may not be true, but tall does not = fat. A 5'10" woman in a size 12 is not fat by any stretch of the imagination.
    A 5'3" woman in a size 12 isn't disgustingly fat, either. Size 12 is just not that big.