Pork chop recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• debbieb1971
    debbieb1971 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love pork chops/steaks so will def be trying some of these recipies - thanks guys
  • keepituplisa
    keepituplisa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is my first time on the MFP community....but I do actually have a pork chop recipe that my kids love....
    Bear in mind that I'm from the UK - but here goes

Sweet pork chop casserole

1) Dry fry your pork chops after removing excess fat for a minute or so on either side to brown them off a bit
    2) Turn down the heat and add to the pan at least one large chopped up onion
    3) Then add in a 2 - 3 thinly sliced carrots and 2 - 3 peeled sliced apples
    4) Let this all cook a little - and the juices flow from the apples and carrots
    5) Once the pork chops look cooked ( I usually leave this on for at least 20 minutes) add in some made-up chicken gravy, and a handful of frozen peas
    6) Leave again for a few minutes and add salt/pepper/sweetener or more gravy granuals to taste....

We love this with a few baby jacket potatoes and brocolli....delicious and nutritiou

Enjoy and share recipe ; )

We all love this with some baby jacket potatoes
  • debbieb1971
    debbieb1971 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love the sound of the last recipe. Will definitely be trying it.
  • AmandajoyFair
    AmandajoyFair Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Just made some the other night... I put applewood rub on 'em. Got it from walmart. Man, they were good.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Rhubarb cherry sauce!

Use dried cherries, mix them with hot water - not too much and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, let them stand for a while to soften. In the meantime, chop an onion, heat some oil in a pan, add the onion, stir until it softens, then add rhubarb cut in pieces as well as cherries with water. Add 1-2 tbsp of sugar if you want and some nutmeg. Cook until the sauce thickens up a bit.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kellyj5201
    kellyj5201 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could season them with Italian seasoning, brown them and then cook them thru with a can of diced tomatoes, a little parm and spinach to make a sauce for the pasta?

yummy :)
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    apricot glazed pork chop as on allrecpie.com i sub apple juice for the wine or chicken broth, only because its always in house for the kids.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Saute them with plums and/or apricots and red chili flakes. Optional: deglaze the pan with just a little dry white wine to make a sauce.