Replies

• rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • lindseymruth
    lindseymruth Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    you look great! if i may ask what is your normal diet routine? i am at a start weight of 162... ive actually lost a pound so 161 now. you are a great inspiration because i feel i am at the same body type as your start picture now and hope to look like your current in 9 months as well! i am keeping at the 1200 calories but my problem is i just dont know where to start at the grocery store! do you still eat the same things just in smaller portions or did you begin to have a healthier diet too? thanks!!

Before I started this journey when I went to the grocery store I would buy lots of packaged foods for meals... those frozen skillet meals, hamburger helper... and LOTS of sweets! I would eat 2 or 3 honey buns in one day for snacks! I was eating close to 3,000 calories a day and it was mainly junk food, fast food and sweets.
    Now my plate looks like this.... 50% veggies, 20% fruit and 20% protein and 10% whole grains. Of course I do NOT deny myself anything. I eat pizza 1-2 times a week! But I only eat 1-2 slices instead of a whole pie. If I want a cookie I have ONE cookie... not half the package. haha I figure if I'm going to stick with this forever I am fooling myself into thinking I can never eat a cookie again! :) My grocery cart has a TON of produce in it, lean meats and whole grains. I "try" to stay away from the prepackaged stuff. I do find the 100 calorie snack packaged things to be great though! You can do this!!! Good luck!!
  • HeatherChristine1212
    Options
    Excellent job! It's so nice to hear other people's stories in to see how it works for them. I'm hoping I can lose 15 pounds I gained over this past winter. You look so great, congrats! Hope I'm there w u soon enough :)
  • semarsh12
    semarsh12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look fanTAStic! Well done.
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    You are so petite! Congratulations on your success! It looks like pink is your signature color! You look beautiful and happy! :flowerforyou:
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!
  • teresalj9
    teresalj9 Posts: 2
    Options
    You have done an awesome job. You look great.!!!
  • lindseymruth
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! 9 months really has flown by. It has been a lot of work but completely worth every step! I only wish I had started sooner!
  • Kbmom03
    Kbmom03 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation!! You look amazing! GREAT JOB :)
  • amnaimon
    amnaimon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss ... you look great. May i ask your height?
  • daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    can I ask what your height is?
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I think it's great that you taught your body to eat more, not less.
  • lindseymruth
    Options
    can I ask what your height is?

Oops I guess I should have added that in! I'm 5'5"!
  • belleparis
    belleparis Posts: 111
    Options
    Amazing job! u look gorgeous...congratulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great job !!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!!
  • amyaroja
    amyaroja Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's my starting weight. I SO want to look like you in a few months!

Thanks for mentioning that you upped your calories with each plateau. I bet that's really important!

Oh, and my son just turned 7!

Happy Mother's Day to YOU!
  • mgirl2011
    mgirl2011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    wow! amazing! Congrats :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!