• cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    dont expect overnight results
    strenth training wont help u lose weight
    work out everyday for 60 minutes
    stay under calories

Overnight results line is correct..don't expect them

Strength training will definately help you lose weight, maintain lean muscle (which burns more calories and increases metabolism) and is fantastic for body composition

Work out everyday for 60 minutes...great if that's what you want to do, but not an absolute requirement. Weight loss is calorie deficit...not exercise. Exercise helps with creating the calorie deficit and actually allows you to eat more. It helps with body composition and overall health, but is not a requirement for weight loss.

Try to reach your calorie goal. It's a goal. No penalty for going over. However, going under is just robbing your body of fuel it needs to function. The goal that MFP sets is designed to be reached, it's not there to see how far under you can get. In truth, you want to have your NET equal your overall goal and your calories remaining to equal 0.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    What am I doing wrong?
    I know I just started this website today
    looking at my food diary I see major flaws

Change takes time. Be patient...and consistent...but mostly patient...actually mostly consistent...just be both.
  • MemFox
    MemFox Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wowsers at the sugar and honey in your breakfast! I feel horrible if my breakfast is over 200 cals (though my cals are much lower than yours) I aim to have snacks at preference under 100 cals each so that way I can have more of them. My 2 sons who snack all day long like me to eat with them so i need to be able to eat more often.
    My 10kgs lost was almost entirely through calorie control. My exercise was half arsed at best. I did alot of incidental exercise like housework, and some spin bike and stuff but nothing consistently.
    I am now back and Im doing weights this time 3 days a week with rest and cardio inbetween. I not only want to lose the last 5 kgs making me feel ugh about myself but I also want to change my shape.
    Make small changes with the snacks you have first- especially if this is the major area you do have control over, then I love everyone elses suggestions of cooking at home for the family.
    I wish you luck on your journey !
  • nykkat
    nykkat Posts: 30
    Options
    Is your GW realistic? It's not the best picture to determine this, but it doesn't seem like you have any extra 25 pounds to lose...(not that scale weight is that great of a metric anyhow).

what do you mean? based on my pictures?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Is your GW realistic? It's not the best picture to determine this, but it doesn't seem like you have any extra 25 pounds to lose...(not that scale weight is that great of a metric anyhow).

Yes, based on your pictures, I was curious if your GW was reasonable.

Honestly, I shouldn't have said anything, because when you first start, it really doesn't matter if your GW is or isn't reasonable anyhow...and it doesn't help for you to worry about it at this stage because the steps you need to take...(consistent tracking, movement, reasonable calorie deficit, patience)...are the same. Further, scale weight is a ridiculously bad metric to use to judge progress anyhow.

And finally, you know you better than I know you (from your two pictures), so your judgment of it is likely better (and certainly more important) than mine.

So forget I said anything, and get to work. =P

(And in case it hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread, and even if it has, I'll say it again, here is a great starting point: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/963088-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy )
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    weighing what you eat isn't inconvenient, it takes me about 1 minute or less for each meal. If you are serious about weight loss then you need to be proactive about it. You cant sit back, log nothing, and expect magical results. Weight loss is all about calories in Vs calories out. Its really quite simple.
  • nykkat
    nykkat Posts: 30
    Options

Yes, based on your pictures, I was curious if your GW was reasonable.

Honestly, I shouldn't have said anything, because when you first start, it really doesn't matter if your GW is or isn't reasonable anyhow...and it doesn't help for you to worry about it at this stage because the steps you need to take...(consistent tracking, movement, reasonable calorie deficit, patience)...are the same. Further, scale weight is a ridiculously bad metric to use to judge progress anyhow.

And finally, you know you better than I know you (from your two pictures), so your judgment of it is likely better (and certainly more important) than mine.

So forget I said anything, and get to work. =P

(And in case it hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread, and even if it has, I'll say it again, here is a great starting point: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/963088-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy )

Ah, well I think I will take that as a compliment :)
    And I read the post, super informative
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1700 calories or less
    cardio 1 hour a day
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    cut out processed foods, water water water, watch your sugar and make sure your eating enough protein.

Log log log......