No motivation to be "skinny" ....

Options
I have no motives to make myself "skinny" what i really want is to be healthy and an athlete! I want to eventually have abs and be strong and fit. In no way am i knocking skinny women i just think for me a more athletic look would be a bigger accomplishment. My overall one year goal is to run a half marathon and possibly start on the lifting team at my college next year.

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great goal. I'm like you - no desire to be skinny. I started on 1/1/2011. Completed my first half marathon 11/10/12, and my second on 12/9/12. :) What are you doing to meet your goals?
  • parkekat
    parkekat Posts: 35
    Options
    I am registered for my first 5K in august but hope to be working on more like 6 miles by then. I also am starting heavy lifting to start toning up this squish i have left from weight loss. I am trying to be consistent with my running and am always pushing myself to work my hardest. Like my gym owner/trainer said "its not a workout until youve given it your all"
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Check out some hot pictures of women on the internet. That seems to do it for me. Hubby thinks I'm a lezzy but oh well.
  • parkekat
    parkekat Posts: 35
    Options
    Check out some hot pictures of women on the internet. That seems to do it for me. Hubby thinks I'm a lezzy but oh well.

Its not that im not motivated to lose weight, im just not motivated to be skinny, id rather have more muscle definition and look more athletic than be skinny
  • tarnyacarrier
    tarnyacarrier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "strong is the new skinny" that is my favorite quote!! That's great :) I LOVE lifting weights! So much healthier!!
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    "strong is the new skinny" that is my favorite quote!! That's great :) I LOVE lifting weights! So much healthier!!

^^ Great quote!!
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Hey, strong and athletic is the way to go.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I've never been athletic, so as I am right now (aka, a fatty) I'm actually in better shape than before. Also, look up Christmas Abbott. She's gorgeous and athletic!
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. With my body I know that I'll never be skinny and I'm finally starting to be okay with that because I'd rather be healthy. I think you have the right attitude and as long as your main focus is getting healthy then go for it and never quit!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Everyone has different goals. Nothing wrong with wanting to be athletic. Some want to be skinny. I want to be ripped. Different strokes for different folks. It would be sad if we all wanted to look the same way.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I support your choices. Now go do it!
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Oh how boring life would be, if we all looked the same ♥
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Sounds like this topic was more suited as a status on your news feed rather than a topic in the forums.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I think it's brilliant to want to be strong not skinny. I'm not doing this to be skinny, I want my damn curves back and if that means that when I hit my goal I'm too thin you can bet your bum I'm going to gain a few pounds back (I'm giving myself enough room weight wise to be able to do that) I think you have some really great, really HEALTHY goals.
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Different looks for different folks!! Good luck with your runs and your goals!!!
  • Mamahana82
    Mamahana82 Posts: 64
    Options
    If I were in my early twenties I might be more inclined to go towards the lower end of my BMI range, but being in my 30s I feel that strong and muscular will keep me from looking older than I am.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I just want to be a wookie.

Or a sheep...... Ba ba ba ba...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I have no desire to be skinny ever again. I want to forever be and remain fit and athletic.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options