How do I drive my paleo coworker crazy?

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You can say "I don't care" and eat a potato in front of him.
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Oh geez, sounds like fun. My advice is the same thing I tell my husband when the kids are pushing his buttons - do not engage!

Just do not engage. Let him burn himself out, anything else will just feed the fire. The best response to anything related to the topic is just a polite yet disinterested and completely non-committal "hmmm", and change the subject or get back to work.

Good luck!

This!!
  • meaningful99
    meaningful99 Posts: 174
    Options
    You could say what my mom always says to the crazy lady on the bus talking about the end of the world: "Thanks for the tip!"
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Or tell him you have learned the error of your ways, and you baked paleo friendly brownies...After he eats them, try to get him to agree with you about how good these paleo brownies make you feel.

Once he does...break out with the "Gotcha...Betty Crocker Mother F-er!"
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I like turtles.

Correct response for everything.

I'm partial to "42" as the correct response to everything.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    Options
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    tell him the truth his diet is plain dumb like a cavemans diet! real enlightened....I destroy all Paleos in my gym and Im about 70 percent sugar rich diet! yeahhhh budddeeee
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    ]tumblr_lt6xdhAZI21qzki6y.gif

Start Singing "Someone like you" To Him.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Started a new job last week. Sharing a tiny office with a crazy paleo guy. He spent the day lecturing me about beans making ricin and leeching nutrients from my colon.
    Oh man, that's the worst. I HATE it when beans leech nutrients from my colon!
  • Isagenixbody
    Isagenixbody Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Every time he starts talking about it, talk to him about factory farming and show him videos.
    That will get him to stop.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    wear this under your jacket/blazer with a scarf on top. remove both as soon as he starts his paleo rant.

everyone-loves-a-twinkie-tshirt1.jpg

since you liked my other ideas so much.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Eat a big bowl of ice cream in front of him and make it extremely obvious you're enjoying every bite.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Just agree with everything he says. I have some newly converted vegan friends. While I totally support them, they do tend to get a bit preachy when someone asks why there isn't cheese on their pizza. Then it's no holds barred vegan talk for the next 45 minutes.

So I just say - yeah, I've heard that too. Or "no I totally agree that humans are the only species to consume another animal's milk." After a while it isn't any fun for them to tell someone something that they are just getting yessed to. Sometimes passion is annoying. But it can be diverted with feigning interest.

I think this is best way to deal with it. Right here. The person that posted this is a lot nicer than I am.
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just leave him alone! Different things for different people. Honestly, I eat Paleo... (most of the time). I am going to assume he CrossFits. All CrossFitters talk about is CrossFit and Paleo. So just get used to it now.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    .]yes.gif

Looks like ur gonna have to "secret handfist pump" with him.
  • razfabulous
    razfabulous Posts: 18
    Options
    Why not just say, "That sounds like it's working great for you, but I'm not into extreme elimination diets?" Why drive him crazy?
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you could drive him crazy, but I'd enjoy going into my extensive knowledge of the geography and history of Westeros. Nobody enjoys that. Not even Game of Thrones fans.

You could talk about Glee a lot. Bet he'd hate that. Or Young and the Restless. Or Pinterest. Just don't talk about ninjas. Everyone enjoys ninjas.

If you do decide to go the "spouting random facts" route, please say "Fact:" before each fact.
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The best way to extinguish a behavior is to ignore it :bigsmile:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Buy him two books...Paleofantasy and 12 Paleo Myths

Except that Paleofantasy is a mostly awful book.
  • razfabulous
    razfabulous Posts: 18
    Options