How much did you lose in the first week?

Options
124»

Replies

• dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    2 kg (4.4lbs) from Tuesday to today (Friday in NZ). So not bad, gym each day and heaps of water and mostly a good, clean diet (excluding today)
  • missjane1111
    Options
    Hi there! I started phentermine and my diet a week ago. I stuck with a very strict diet, drank lots of water, exercised. I felt like I was losing weight but wasn't sure. I had my one week follow up today to weigh myself and see if what I am doing is working. I was worries that I was going to lose any weight, I was hoping and praying that I had lost at least 5lbs. I didn't honestly expect my. I have PCOS and it makes it extremely difficult for me to lose weight, diets always tend to discourage me.
    Well at my appointment I hopped on that scale praying to have somewhat good results and as soon as I saw the number.. I was surprised! I had lost 15lbs in my FIRST week! How in the world did that hapoen!? I am still in disbelief! I don't know if that much weight loss is typical to lose that much in just one week. I don't weigh in again until May 30th. I'm curious to see how much I weight at the end of week two but since I refuse to own a scale I can't weigh myself that easy lol Now I've watched the biggest loser and thefirst week is usually a pretty good weight loss but the second week is more difficult. I'm sticking with my diet and exercise no cheats etc I'm very much looking forward to losing more weight! Best of luck everybody! You can do it!
    Start weight: 255 lbs
    1st week loss: 16 lbs
    Current weight: 239 lbs
    Goal weight: 150
    Height: 5'9"
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    My first week on here, I didn't lose any weight. The first few weeks I didn't lose weight. But, I did lose a lot of inches. After the 3rd week, I started to drop 3 pounds a week, and then it slowed down. I'm still losing, but, since I'm so close, the weight loss slows down.

THANK YOU! That's where I'm at. Not really losing weight so much, but have lost inches.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I remember I lost 6 lbs the first week. Probably mostly water weight.
    Same, but 5lbs.
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    A lot of folks actually see the scales go up a few pounds if they're doing intense workouts in their first week or two. Just the body adjusting and retaining fluid. After that the numbers quickly drop. It's about as discouraging as trying match odd socks fresh out of the dryer.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I lost six pounds the first week. My doctor was so thrilled she gave me a hug. When I went back two months later and was down 24 pounds, she practically told the whole clinic she was so happy. It's great motivation. :)
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    When I was big I lost 1lb per week average. Now I'm losing 1/2 every 2 weeks sometimes I'm lucky to lose 1 every 2 weeks.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've lost around 30 pounds since last year, but gained back 10. I had been eating terribly and not dieting at all until one week ago. In the past seven days I lost around 2 pounds.

I'm just wondering how much you have lost in your first week of dieting? Or how much you lose on average per week.

I lost 4.6 lbs my first week of dieting. I was so happy with that result. I lose 2 lbs on average per week.
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I lost only 1 lb my first week. I remember being so disappointed. My weight loss has definitely been slow, but I'm better than I was when I started and I'm happy with that!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    1 pound
  • aviator111
    aviator111 Posts: 8
    Options
    2lb in my first week - which was bang-on-target.

Then another 5lb in the 2nd week, which must have been water-weight.

That gave me a false sense of security though. Although I had a few more 2lb-per-week successes, that all seemed to be picking the low-hanging fruit. Now every lb off is hard-fought.
  • meggiemoo217
    meggiemoo217 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    First week and second week absolutely nothing. But I was using some cheap weighing scales at the time. I did loose half and inch off my waist and quarter of an inch off my thighs!!
  • meggiemoo217
    meggiemoo217 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My first week on here, I didn't lose any weight. The first few weeks I didn't lose weight. But, I did lose a lot of inches. After the 3rd week, I started to drop 3 pounds a week, and then it slowed down. I'm still losing, but, since I'm so close, the weight loss slows down.

Nice to c sum else didn't loose any thing in the first two weeks.
  • MedicineMeals
    Options
    1st week: 8lbs 1.5 inches had my first weigh in yesterday
    I