Getting on those scales!

Options
Hi guys

Just wondering how often most people weigh themselves. Do i wait and do it once a week, or do i get into the habit of weighing myself everyday?

Deb

Replies

• pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a day but I use a web app that gives me a trend line which I use to track my process.

I still get bummed out on days it goes up but I think I'm less bummed out than I would be if I didn't plot it.

The app I use: http://www.weightgrapher.com/

If I didn't graph it I wouldn't weigh myself more than every 2 weeks to stop myself going insane.
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    You'll get different answers.

If you're obsessed about the number on the scale, weighing daily can really mess with your head, as there will be fluctuations.

but if you can remain detatched and are able to look at the over all trend through the week, then daily weighing can make a fun graph to read.

Personally I weigh as often as I want and just feed the data to MFP to work with.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Weekly (:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a month.

When I am competing in a fat loss or a muscle gain challenge, I am forced to weigh in once weekly, but I don't normally do this.
  • roseymacdoo
    roseymacdoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I go and get weighed by the nurse at my local GP's surgery once a month. Any more frequently and I think I'd get obsessed by numbers on a scale rather than focussing on just trying to live a healthy lifestyle. It also makes me focus on how my body feels in my clothes the rest of the month. It also helps knowing I have to get on the scales in front of someone else, who will then hold me accountable for my progress (or lack of!) over the month
  • genkimomof2
    genkimomof2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Once a week, but if the scale doesn't go down much, or if it goes up, I don't log it! I wait until it goes down at least a full kilo before I'll put it in. If that takes two weeks, fine, no worries. I'm not bothered because I know I'm making better choices overall and paying attention to NSVs more. But it is motivating to see that scale number go down!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Once every 4-6 weeks. I honestly don't think I would have made it this far if I weighed more often.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday morning. Smart move on my part because I usually "sin" over the weekend and then I have almost a full week to make up for it. :bigsmile:
  • KAbena
    KAbena Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly, sometimes fortnightly. I get too obsessive if I do it any more than that.
  • anniemarianas
    Options
    I weigh every morning (i always weigh before i eat because of daily weight fluctuations and such) and I write my current weight down in my daily planner so while looking at my short term weight loss i can also look at my weekly weight loss, which I find much more satisfying since very little seems to change over a day comparitively to a week :)

I'm not actually fussed about my weight so much as my thigh, hip and waist measurements, since to me it's more how skinny i look over how little i weigh
  • Dekitara
    Dekitara Posts: 11
    Options
    Once a month.
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I didn't use it for over 2 months, I hate scales, scales r liars!! Prefer pictures and the mirror...:)
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Usually every day in the morning. Although I'll skip it if I didn't make it to the gym the day before (doesn't happen often). Yes, it fluctuates, but it's nice to see the progression if the numbers gradually going down.