The Colour Run, UK

Options
Showmm
Showmm Posts: 406 Member
There, I added a U to make the Brits feel a bit better. Has anyone else signed up? I'm no runner, but this sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be going to the London run.

http://www.thecolorrun.co.uk

Replies

• Showmm
    Options
    No one?

<sobs quietly to herself>
  • wizwitch
    wizwitch Posts: 82
    Options
    I wish the one in London!! But instead I'm registered for the one here in Athens, Ga in August. It does look like fun and will me my first 5k.
  • Crazy_Diet_Mom
    Options
    Not in the UK - but I'm participating in my local run here in Ypsilanti, Michigan in the US tomorrow. :happy:

I'm not a runner either but it should be a blast to walk. Can't wait.
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    I've just signed up to the Manchester one....very excited!!
  • stewarac
    stewarac Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Signed up for London and very excited!
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yup - my wife and I are signed up for the London one. Should be a lot of fun.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    There, I added a U to make the Brits feel a bit better. Has anyone else signed up? I'm no runner, but this sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be going to the London run.

http://www.thecolorrun.co.uk

I recently did the Color Run and it was so much fun! We pretty much walked the whole thing, but ran through the color parts because it was fun. :smile: In fact, the guy who was working the crowd before the race said if you finish first, you're not doing it right.

Enjoy!
  • nicolediehl77
    Options
    It's a great time...we did the one in St. Louis 2 weekends ago. However, just a warning: cover your hair completely. It was raining the day we ran, and while I understood the color could stain when wet, it didn't occur to me that my blonde hair would be totally stained in blotches of color that had to be professionally removed!

Details and pictures here:

http://heresthediehl.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/color-run-hair-drama/
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    We did the Color Run in San Francisco - and are looking around to do some more! You are going to have so much fun! I'm no runner - but I can power walk pretty dang fast! If you can get a group together it i s even more enjoyable - we will definitely do it again and again....

We super conditioned our hair before the race (left it n - my friend just rubbed theirs with coconut oil) and not a trace of color after we washed it! We did bring towels and a change of clothes for the truck -and then treated our dyed shirts n such before wasing - and now wear them proudly!
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    WOW that looks like such a great laugh. Unfortunetly I can not make either of the venues, but I'd have loved to have done it.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yes!

I've signed up for the London event and I started C25k this week with no previous running experience.

I can't wait, but I'm certainly concerned about the weather!

At least I have dark hair!
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've just signed up for the London one!

Cannot wait, roll on July :bigsmile:
  • TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Damn, same day as the New Forest 10 I'm signed up for... sounds like great fun though, that'll be added to the calender next year
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I did a Color Run last month. We had a blast! You will love it!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the Montreal one, can't wait!
  • Showmm
    Options
    Hope everyone who ran yesterday in London had a good time. I sure did! I even ended up taking the kids along (6 and nearly 4) and with the help of some friends to keep them distracted, they enjoyed it too!
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Looks brilliant, but it only really covers one of the four countries in the UK! I'm just off to squirt paint on myself then run around my garden...
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That looks brilliant!! If I'd have known about it previously I would have done it with my kids in Manchester but we have plans for next weekend :(
  • babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this but none in Scotland unfortunately. Boo!
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It was great fun Showmm!