HELP!!! Everything shrinking but my tummy!!!

Options
I have been on TDEE-20% diet for more than 2.5 months plus weight lifting & cardio 5 times a week. I can my whole body shrinking except for tummy. I m a mom of two kids age 30. My tummy looks bigger & rounder like a Peggy again. :'(.. I m doing anything wrong? Should I increase my fluid intake? How long will it take for tummy to reduce. I can't wear t-shirts cz of my tummy!!! Any help would be really grateful.

Replies

• goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    post pics of your self for starters and also I had the same problem...the tummy is the LAST PLACE TO GO..because usually you have the most fat there!! patience..also increase weights and back off on cardio!!
  • winchestervol63
    winchestervol63 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. Our bodies put fat on in a certain sequence and then take it off in reverse order, pretty much. There are some weights where we just don't like our own appearance (even as much as a somewhat higher weight!).

I saw a series of photos from a guy who was illustrating his shape at various lowering weights and bodyfat %'s and there was a point where his 'love handles' appeared to get larger as he lost fat! Didn't really happen, though, it was just that his belly got smaller quicker and made his very slightly smaller love handles seem more prominent. He took off some more fat and presto, they were gone and he looked entirely different.

Just keep doing the good work, be patient, and defiantly steadfast - the results will come. You can do it!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yep.... my tummy is keeping me a size larger than I could be. I have resigned myself to having to wait till my body is ready to give it up. It has gotten smaller but still has a ways to go.
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Its frustrating. Ive only been at it since 4/15 though. Mine has reduced a little. I just started lifting this past Sat and hoping to do that 3 days a week (maybe more??) dont lose your focus.
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    FIBER WATER TEA. there ya go
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    general weight loss + exercises like planks & crunches will get you there. like most people tho, tummys are the hardest place to shift weight from.
  • pleasehealthme
    Options
    All caps cause this is very important:

YOUR DIET AND DAILY CONSUMPTION. ONLY EATING CLEAN WILL FREE YOU FROM THE BELLY FAT.

Eat whole foods, eat clean...Sodium, sugars, carbs all keep that fat stuck.

Try to eat only whole foods, natural sugars, complex carbs, and lean protein for 7 days and see if you notice any results.

And please let me know!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Have you been checked for diastasis recti? It is a separation in the abdominal wall that is quite common after child birth. Google how to check yourself for it. There are also exercises that you can do to help it close up. Doing specific ab exercises like crunches and sit-ups can actually make it worse.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

YOUR DIET AND DAILY CONSUMPTION. ONLY EATING CLEAN WILL FREE YOU FROM THE BELLY FAT.

Try to eat only whole foods, natural sugars, complex carbs, and lean protein for 7 days and see if you notice any results.

And please let me know!

Yeahno.

Just keep doing what you're doing. Most of my fat is still in my tummy.
  • slimtoneneetz
    slimtoneneetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Gitta try.. skinny once i stick to 7 days i will inform for sure..
  • Focusedjessy
    Focusedjessy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have lost some inches in the belly but not enough. i would be down another size otherwise. I am stuck with a baggy but and thighs until i lose some belly
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    the tummy area is often the last and hardest to lose. you really have to be very strict with your clean eating to see results...it takes a lot of time. took me nearly a year to get a flat stomach again.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options

And please let me know!

You do NOT have to do this to lose belly fat. You lose belly fat by losing body fat all over.. end of story. Genetics determine where you lose body fat from first.

Weight training/core work will help you retain muscle and make your muscles strong but a calorie deficit determines fat loss. / of story.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options

Neither walking nor any other cardio will increase fat loss.. an overall calorie deficit will do that.
  • Astra250
    Astra250 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lots of misinformation in this thread.

Your body fat comes off in layers, like an onion. The areas that are largest to begin with will be the last place the fat is lost. Often times, because of this, what you may see in the mirror can be disappointing due to the fact that your stomach will look larger proportionally because the fat has been eliminated everywhere else.

Just keep at it and eventually it will be gone.
  • slimtoneneetz
    slimtoneneetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Myvtummy was not as big as i see now. when my sides reduced, tummy has become larger compared to it! i felt only tummy has not shrunk.