Need grilled veggie recipes!

Options
dewsmom78
dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
We grill out almost every night in the summer. Just looking for some healthy grilled veggie recipes. Right now we don't do much more than potatoes, so we want to get creative!

Thanks!

Replies

• Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like making a pouch out of foil and putting some asparagus, coconut oil, and fresh cracked pepper in it and put on the grill under medium heat. When tender take out of the pouch and on the actual grill for about 3-4 minutes to make them crisp.

Also trim whole corn on the cob so the husk is tight and neat. Don't need to soak it before, the corn will steam itself inside. Careful when you take them off they will be hot for sometime after. Don't catch em on fire either. :laugh:
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Asparagus - stick it in a bag with some olive oil and sea salt, shake around to coat well, stick on the grill - DELICIOUS!

Cabbage - put in a foil packet with olive oil, seasonings that you like, bacon bits, maybe some lemon juice

Foil packets with broccoli and carrots - maybe add a little honey after it cooks.

mmmmmmmmmmmm...mmmmmmmmm
  • QJ2013
    QJ2013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Our favorite is to cut up bell peppers, a sweet onion, some mushrooms, and zucchini. I put it in a ziploc with a little bit of olive oil, garlic salt, and some balsamic vinegar. Let it marinate a bit for the best flavor.

We have one of those metal grill baskets that we put it in, but I'm sure it would be fine in foil also. This is my husband's favorite side - he would eat it every night.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Our favorite is to cut up bell peppers, a sweet onion, some mushrooms, and zucchini. I put it in a ziploc with a little bit of olive oil, garlic salt, and some balsamic vinegar. Let it marinate a bit for the best flavor.

We have one of those metal grill baskets that we put it in, but I'm sure it would be fine in foil also. This is my husband's favorite side - he would eat it every night.
    We do the exact same thing. Very very good, I'd eat it every night too.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I like to do a few red baby potatoes, onion, and peppers

Cut up the baby potatoes and nuke them for 2 mins

cut up onion/peppers and place them in in foil, Add a little EVOO and some salt/pepper/garlic salt or whatever seasoning you use. wrap up and place on the grill for about 5 mins!

YUM!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    These all sound yummy I needed ideas too. Thanks all for sharing. I think I need to invest in some grill pans for our grill at home.
  • pattesterman
    pattesterman Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great ideas, keep them coming.:flowerforyou:
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Last week, for our grilled sausages I did bell peppers, sweet onion, minced garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper and the juice of one lime. Just placed it in a foil bag for about 20 min (on the upper rack). They were mushier than I usually like my veggies, but just right for topping sausage. Sooo good.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Great idea on the grill pan! We have one and have never used it, geez!

Keep the recipes coming, they all sound wonderful!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I grill up sweet potatoes instead - Olive oil and rosemary

peppers - marinate however

grilled pineapple (dont hate on fruit)

asparagus wrapped in bacon or not wrapped - whatever...you can also roast some walnuts (wrap in foil) mix that in

anything wrapped in bacon

Zucchini (dress it in italian dressing if you want)

any type of squash
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options

I make something similar to this and include butternut squash - It's amazing roasted/grilled and acts as a wonderful potato alternative.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Klkbankert
    Klkbankert Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I throw together some low sodium soy sauce and honey (sometimes some garlic or garlic powder too) and then marinade veggies (zucchini, yellow squash, onion, green/red/orange pepper, mushrooms) and chicken (but into bite size pieces) separately for as little as 1/2 hour to the entire day while I'm at work. I usually set aside some marinade to use when it's done as a sauce.

In my grilling basket I cook the chicken first until almost done - then add the veggies and cook until they are done to our liking.

Once done, I add the remaining marinade to serve. Sometimes we eat it alone - other times we eat it over brown rice.

We have also used beef cubes for this.
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    grilled eggplant with a little olive oil salt/pepper, portabellos with garlic salt, grilled summer squash and zucchini, asparagus with olive oil, salt and a little lemon, green beans in a foil pouch with garlic salt and olive oil, corn on the cob wrapped in foil with butter and queso, broccolini with olive oil, sweet potatoes, peaches with a little lemon juice and honey, tomatoes with parm cheese and salt/pepper. I could go on forever looooove grilled veggied and fruits!
  • Darth_Tater
    Options
    I do my asparagus differently. Washed, dried, ends trimmed, light coat of olive oil, sea or kosher salt. I put the spears directly on the grill. Keep an eye in it, just as it starts to get grill marks, take it off. At medium to low heat, maybe 3-4 minutes.

Also, cut red/yellow/orange/green peppers into rings and treat the same as above. Or, will marinate in a baggie with terriyaki.

Portabello caps, gilled and marinated in terriyaki. Grill w/cap up 3-5 minutes. Flip, another 3-5 minutes. Have added low fat swiss or jarlsberg cheese once it's flipped.

Jicama, sliced or cut into "fries", toss in the same bag as the peppers.
  • shimmygirl411
    shimmygirl411 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    YUMMY!!

Bumpity bump bump bump :happy:
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I do my asparagus differently. Washed, dried, ends trimmed, light coat of olive oil, sea or kosher salt. I put the spears directly on the grill. Keep an eye in it, just as it starts to get grill marks, take it off. At medium to low heat, maybe 3-4 minutes.

Jicama, sliced or cut into "fries", toss in the same bag as the peppers.

I also put my asparagus directly on the grill-love it that way! Grilled jicama sounds amazing, never made it that way!
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Saving for later!
  • thenewabby
    thenewabby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We grill everything - most recently even brussel sprouts but Aspargus is my favorite with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. After it is finished I like a little balsamic vinegar on mine my husband loves a little parmesan cheese. His nutritionist said to try a new vegetable every week and when in doubt roast/grill it; truer words have never been spoken. The only thing I've found that we do not like is a beet - I've tried roasting, grilling, making chips, etc. and the result is *BLEH*.

Also, grilling fruit is a fun new way to get your daily fruit intake and it gives it a whole other flavor. Primarily we do pineapple and pears but occassionally as a special treat we grill bananas. Leave them in the peel, place them on the grill and when they turn peel turns brown/black take them off and cut into them like a baked potato and sprinkle cinnamon on top - it's delicious.

Happy Grilling!
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    eggplant summer squash or Zuccinig sliced about 1/4" thick. pepper halves or mushrooms. Mix lemon juice, small amount of olive oil and garlic. Use a pastry bruch to brush on the vegtables & grill. I did eggplant tonight it is my favorite,