Replies

• bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    i use mine for every thing .I would not live with out it
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Outside of a bodyweight scale that I actually fit on, I credit the food scale as the best tool I purchased for weight loss.

I am sure some people are great guesstimating, but I was WAY WAY WAY off. Now that I have used the scale since November I am much better at estimating weights, but I still use the scale every time I am at home.

I also recently got a small digital measuring spoon...but it measures by weight. I love it for things like spices and oil. Seems pretty accurate.

Digital measuring spoon? WHERE did you find that? I want one!
  • tamisawyer
    tamisawyer Posts: 12
    Options
    Best tool ever. The food scale and measuring cups/spoons make it so easy to stay on track. I eat nothing outside of portion anymore.
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I use it lots at home. Sometimes I think I need to take it with me when I eat out. Lol
  • cyclist_44060
    cyclist_44060 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I use a scale and measuring cups all the time...scale sits right on the kitchen table....I have terrible portion size sense...lol
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I can not cook without mine. Best $6 I ever spent.

Someone else said they wouldn't take it into restaurants, but I think this is actually a great idea (when appropriate)! I might sneak mine in with me when I can. (Let's see if my husband takes me out to eat after that, though... haha).
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've been using mine for years - LOVE it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I managed to lose before I got one somehow, but yes, I use mine religiously.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    ME :-) I love it, (Beside portion accuracy it also helps with recipe accuracy!)
  • swopen
    swopen Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I do and I love it! I use it for everything so that I know exactly what I'm putting in my body. When I buy things at the store, before I put things away, I divide everything up in snack bags based on one serving size so I can grab one serving quickly without being tempted to overindulge. It has really changed my awareness of how much I eat.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    <<< This guy

So much for that "plateau" I was "stuck" on.
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    every day, every meal.
    Couldn't live with out it
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I always use my food scales - love 'em! Measuring out cereal was a real eye-opener for me. I was eating nearly 2 servings instead of 1 before I got them.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Everyday, every meal! Couldn't live without it!
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have been religiously using a scale for 3 years now. It has changed my life. When I first go it, it was the biggest eye opener ever. What you noted of the 7oz vs 3oz was the first big WOW. The next was with pastas and salad dressing. What I thought was a "normal" amount of pasta was in fact about 4.5 servings. And what I thought was a "conservative" amount of salad dressing was actually 6 servings. Now I am really good at guestimating on many things; but I still go to the scale if I am not sure.
  • AnJulNZ
    AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buck the trend here and say that I don't.

But I've only been doing this for six weeks, and I'm losing weight at a rate I'm happy with, so I'm obviously doing something right.

When I hit a plateau I will probably buy one, but for now - I haven't seen one that I can afford (the cheapest I've seen is NZ$100) :noway:
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    thistimewillbedifferent Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Add me to the long list of people who consider it one of my key tools. That and my calibrated wine glass that shows how many ounces and calories...
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Callibrated wine glass??? I need one of those!! Scale is a must have. No doubt.
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I live by mine. Like you said, it takes out the guess work on everything. I refuse to give up my chips, but counting out chips sucks when they get broken. Now I just weigh out the oz or grams portion size and go on. :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Couldn't do this without my food scale.