Does anyone use a Fitbit?

The fitbit looks like a really great device to get a true measure of your daily calorie burn and tracking! It also looks like it ties in with Myfitnesspal in some way. I'm curious if anyone uses it and what their experience has been like. I was thinking of ordering one along with the wireless scale.

fitbit.com

Thanks!

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    I just ordered a Fitbit Flex. Its on backorder so I don't know when I'll actually get it. I used to use a bodymedia fit. Same concept as the fitbit. It really is an eye opener as it really gives you an idea of how much you can actually eat without gaining weight. I used to think I was stuck eating 1,390 as TDEE on non workout days. Come to find out, it was closer to 1,900 on non workout days.
  • eventerchick80
    eventerchick80 Posts: 98 Member
    Bumping for the info.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    HI! I bought the fitbit one in the beginning of the year and am addicted to it. I use it 24/7 and when I do additional exercise (walking, running, zumba, etc), I also wear my HRM. I login my HRM cals as exercise cals and the mfp automatically adjusts the calories for the day. Here's how bad my addiction is: yesterday morning I went for a run before work, when I got out of the shower and got ready for work, I couldn't find my fitbit even though it could not have left the bathroom! It took me 45 minutes to find it (under the radiator cover???) I was in a state of panic - lol - there is no way I was leaving for work without it! I definitely recommend it. It is a big motivator to get me up and moving towards my daily goal. It pushes you to do more by being it's quiet little self attached to my clothes everyday ;)
  • jmtfirewife
    jmtfirewife Posts: 4 Member
    I was just coming to ask this same question. I really want one but would love some feedback first.
  • enjoylife1
    enjoylife1 Posts: 1
    I used the fitbit. I loved it. I wore it constantly and it encouraged me to move more. I logged my information both here (MFP) and on fitbit's site. The two sites will sync info. I'm waiting for my fitbit flex to arrive (my fitbit ultra died). I can hardly wait because I miss the extra motivation I had. I loved seeing my numbers go up and I would make sure that I got in at least 10,000 steps everyday. Gotta love that fitbit!
  • vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    I'm a fitbit user and as long as you keep looking at it, it's a great motivator! I always love getting emails when I hit targets and it makes me think to keep moving, cause I sit at a desk all day it's quite important!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Inquiring minds want to know. i just asked this question on my feed.
  • Azure_Sunshine
    Azure_Sunshine Posts: 6 Member
    Just purchased one. It's backordered 6-8 weeks. :(
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Hi there I have the FB One and luv it. I am a desk jockey and it keeps me within my limits when I don't workout. The sleep function is cool but I'm geeky like that. lol Check out the MFP FB group if you need more info.
  • darkangelinvb
    darkangelinvb Posts: 15 Member
    I have the fitbit one and love it! It makes it fun and competitive to get your steps in and I find I am always trying to beat my friends and myself. It is good as motivation but not always as accurate as a HRM
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    I use the fitbit 1, along with some friends, daughter, her friends, etc etc. I love mine :heart: and feel naked when I forget to wear it :grumble: I did not invest in the scale, I'm happy with the cheap digital one I have. As for syncing with MFP, it does and you have to be aware of some of the nuances, like MFP counts down calories, fitbit counts up and depending on the activity level, time of day, etc you might get a negative adjustment to your MFP calories. I've learned to manage it (lots of threads re fitbit on the community site, just search) and it motivates me to walk more to keep my calories in the positive....:drinker:

I tend to not log exercise in MFP as much, unless its either 1. something fitbit can't count, like water aerobics, or 2. a major activity that I want to track/get credit for like a 10 mile walk :bigsmile:

I have heard from some fellow MFP fitbit users that the newest band sometimes counts steps when you wave your hand. I personally like the one that clips on. I've seen them in Target on sale (the zip) or in brookstone stores where you can sometimes find a groupon type discount.

I have connected with a number of fitbit users on their site so we have friendly competition on # of steps, stairs, etc...

Can you tell I'm a big supporter???:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    I've had my Fitbit One for a couple weeks now and LOVE it. I wear it 24/7, too. I do have one small complaint -- it doesn't track calories burned on a recumbent bike unless it is worn on the sock. Wearing it on a hip doesn't measure the leg work because the hip remains pretty stable.

I also wear it on my sock to Zumba class.

It's not a HRM, of course, but it does a great job of capturing my footsteps and mileage. Plus, it is great for monitoring sleep.

Just today, the little fella said to me: "I Like You, Carolyn" when I touched it to check my distance. It turns out I'm putting 2 miles on my feet every day M-F. By the time this school year ends, I will have logged 360 miles. WOW!
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 150 Member
    Love mine! It keeps me moving. It syncs with MFP and estimates calorie burn. It's working for me so far! :smile:
  • SimplyDenyse
    SimplyDenyse Posts: 124 Member
    LOL You sound like me.. Ill be late to work looking for that thing. I did lose it once and called every place I went to until I finally found it. It was at a resturaunt and the owner thoguht it was a blue tooth. Id recomment getting a sharpie and writing your number on it. I was very depressed for 24hrs thinking it was long gone.
    HI! I bought the fitbit one in the beginning of the year and am addicted to it. I use it 24/7 and when I do additional exercise (walking, running, zumba, etc), I also wear my HRM. I login my HRM cals as exercise cals and the mfp automatically adjusts the calories for the day. Here's how bad my addiction is: yesterday morning I went for a run before work, when I got out of the shower and got ready for work, I couldn't find my fitbit even though it could not have left the bathroom! It took me 45 minutes to find it (under the radiator cover???) I was in a state of panic - lol - there is no way I was leaving for work without it! I definitely recommend it. It is a big motivator to get me up and moving towards my daily goal. It pushes you to do more by being it's quiet little self attached to my clothes everyday ;)
  • benum21121
    benum21121 Posts: 200
    I use one, and have had it for about a month. I LOVE the thing!! I'm a data-driven person, so I find it very useful. I've worn it every day and every night- the sleep tracking side of it is an eye opener! The databases on MFP say you're burning WAY more than you're actually burning. There are days that I just synch my Fitbit and let it link up and 'deliver' my burned calories from steps taken throughout the day. I find the Fitbit to be more accurate with actual calories burned. As I'm moving about, I know that every step is being counted, I'm burning, and I'm moving forward with my progress. Since I've started using my Fitbit, I've lost around 10 pounds (after being stuck at a plateau from Hell). I personally think it's a wonderful investment. I'll continue to happily use it every day and night.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    I have the fitbit one and love it! It makes it fun and competitive to get your steps in and I find I am always trying to beat my friends and myself. It is good as motivation but not always as accurate as a HRM

Can someone please tell me how to sync up with others for a little fun competition? I have no idea how to link up over there on the fitbit site. PM if you must -- but I would love to have some Fitbit friends!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    I'm getting one for Mother's Day/Birthday gift, will be Thursday!!! :bigsmile: So looking forward to using it!!! :happy:
  • janel867
    janel867 Posts: 53
    THIS!! I always freak for a second when I think I'm not wearing my Fitbit One. I've had mine since January and **LOVE** it!! The little badges you can earn are excellent motivators and I even bought the Aria scale...the scale is a bit pricey but so awesome that it syncs with MFP and my Fitbit profile. Anyway, you never know it's there and all of the info it tracks is super useful and motivating. Good luck :)
  • hawkeygal
    hawkeygal Posts: 133 Member
    I just got my fitbit one, and am having a hard time for the calories burned to sync up with MFP. Anyone have any recommendations on how to do this?

Back to the OP---I got it, and I love it. It provides a great visual motivation for me, and makes me think twice about the elevator vs. stairs as well as getting some extra steps in for the day!
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    FitFunFabulousNicole Posts: 94 Member
    Love mine! It def makes you more active!