Exercising with Injury

Options
So, I believe a pulled my groin. It was a stupid mistake -- I am brand new to weight lifting and I wasn't warming up at all before my workouts. Pretty sure I tweaked something doing squats.

Anyway, it's a very mild injury (dull pain, sometimes doesn't hurt at all). I still want to continue doing cardio, but I don't want to prolong this injury. Are there any cardio exercises that won't make a groin injury worse?

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Ouch. Yeah warming up is pretty important for squats. A couple of sets with just the barbell and then incrementally increase it. Sounds like you know what to do, and hopefully it'll heal quick. May have to be conservative with the weight during your next couple-few squat sessions.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if maybe rowing would be something you can do cardio-wise in the meantime?
  • mlogdog
    mlogdog Posts: 5
    Options
    I think rowing would put too much strain on my legs. I may need to just stick with light jogging for now, as it has a pretty limited range of motion on my legs.

Thanks for the suggestion, though! I do want to get more into rowing in the future.