FitBit devices

Options
Does anyone have a fitbit device that Bluetooth syncs with a Samsung Galaxy SII? I have been thinking about getting the new fitbit (or even one of the older ones) but my phone isn't listed :-(

Replies

• mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    From one "Greek by Marriage," to another...

OK, so I don't have either, but I did just get the bodymedia armband device on Wednesday and so far, so good. According to their website, they have an Android app. And I would think that bluetooth is bluetooth, and it should work. But maybe someone more tech-savvy should answer that for you. So really, I'm no help at all. Don't listen to me, I just had to chime in because of your screen name.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My friend just got the fitbit device and she can't even use it with her Iphone because seh doesn't have the Iphone 4s or whatever it is. I mean she can use it but she can't auto sync it or whatever it's supposed to do.
  • Hawk600us
    Hawk600us Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fitbit only connects with some bluetooth 4.0 phone and at the moment the list is limited to some Iphone and Samsung models.
    It is a bummer but I can live with as I am always have a PC nearby that I can sync.

Here is a list of compatible devices:
    http://www.fitbit.com/devices

I love my Fitbit ONE by the way, it is being a great help in loosing weight. Got the FLEX as well but it bothers a bit in the arm so I think my wife will be using it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Fitbits are fantastic devices, but they do not sync with the GS2.

It requires BT 4.0, which is new and has a super low-power standard that doesn't exist on previous versions. Android doesn't have a standard BT 4.0 API, so phone manufacturers have to include their own Bluetooth software. Samsung is the only manufacturer that Fitbit has written their Android software to be compatible with.

The GS2 doesn't have BT 4.0 at all.
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I have BodyMedia Fit right now... but am kind of sick of getting looked at funny at work LOL. I also really like the "community" aspect that FitBit gives. I did try to buy one before my BodyMedia but had a hard time getting it to load on my computer. Maybe I just had a dud!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit. It does sync with my iPhone but I don't really use it, all the data is on the screen and the in depth data on the PC.
    I don't think it would have changed me buying it if it didn't have a phone app. x
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I would be buying the new one, the Flex (bracelet) if I get one... which doesn't have a diplay. But I almost always have access to a computer so maybe it isn't a big deal...
  • InfinitePoss
    InfinitePoss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey all, just got the fitbit one and I am bit confused about a couple of things.

First, I synced it with MFP and it picked up my first meal of the day but none of the other meals I have logged in MFP are showing up in the Fitbit App so is there something else I need to do?

Secondly, according to MFP I have about 800 more calories available to eat today but Fitbit states I only have about 300 and I am not sure where this number is coming from. I did go for a walk today, before my Fitbit One came in the mail, which burned about 400 calories but it does not seem that Fitbit has included that in my daily calculation even though it picked it up from MFP.

Finally, my only complaint about the Fitbit One is that the Bluetooth on my iPhone 4 will not work with it, which seems a bit ridiculous because it works with everything else. I am not sure why an IOS upgrade would not fix this issue. But other than that it seems pretty cool.