veggie chips wanted potato need not apply

Options
meeper123
meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
I would love some veggie chip recipes i made zuchini it was decent but bet there are better one what have you got

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    CARROT CHIPS
    INGREDIENTS

•2 large carrots (at least 1 inch in diameter), peeled
    •1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
    •1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
    •Freshly ground black pepper
    •Basic Ranch Dressing for dipping (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS

Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange the racks to divide the oven into thirds.
    Holding the stem end, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin strips using a Y-shaped vegetable peeler. Place the carrot strips in a medium bowl, add the oil, salt, and pepper to taste and toss with your hands until thoroughly coated.
    Place the strips in a single layer on 2 baking sheets—the strips can be touching but should not overlap. (Discard or save any remaining carrot slices for another use.)
    Bake for 6 minutes, then rotate the pans between the racks. Bake until the edges of the chips are just starting to turn golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes more. Place the baking sheets on wire racks and let the chips cool until crisp, about 3 minutes. Using your hands, carefully transfer the chips to a serving dish and serve with ranch dressing, if desired. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    SWEET POTATOE CRISPS_
    NGREDIENTS

•1 medium sweet potato (about 8 ounces), scrubbed
    •2 teaspoons olive oil
    •1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
    •1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    •Jalapeño-Cilantro Yogurt Spread for dipping (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS

Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
    Slice the sweet potato into very thin rounds (1/16 inch thick; use a mandoline if you have one) and place in a large bowl. Add the oil, paprika, and salt and toss with your hands until thoroughly coated.
    Place the slices in a single layer on 2 baking sheets—the rounds can be touching but should not overlap.
    Bake one sheet at a time until the edges of the chips curl up, the centers are just golden brown, and the tops are dry to the touch, about 12 minutes. Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and let the chips cool until crisp, about 3 minutes. Using your hands, carefully transfer the chips to a serving dish. Repeat with the second sheet. Serve immediately with Jalapeño-Cilantro Yogurt Spread, if using.
  • sugarkane1234
    sugarkane1234 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them yet, but I keep hearing good things about kale chips. One recipe I saw involved kale, salt, and cayenne pepper. Sounded great and really easy.
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Saving for later
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I make kale chips all the time and I love them!

Remove the stem and rip the kale into chip size pieces (not too small because they do shrink when you cook them).
    Spread them onto a baking sheet so they do not overlap at all.
    Spray with a little oil or nonstick cooking spray.
    Sprinkle with a little salt.
    Cook for 15-20 minutes at 300 degrees. You want them crisp but do not want them to brown so keep an eye on them until you know how long it takes in your oven.
    Eat as is or sprinkle with nutritional yeast or seasoning of choice.

So good, I'm like an addict. :tongue:
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Beet chips are great!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    thanks to this board I tried kale chips last week and loved them ! I bought some fresh kale today and will make more when I get home from work. I have a cold and feel like snuggling up with some kale chips, my dogs and a good book.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    baby spinach chips...same thing as kale chips basicly but kale is really hard to find in aus
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    cassava chips aren't bad, or rice chips. Corn chips are my fave but they are calorific!

*eta* i missed the 'recipes' bit. sorry
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Kale chips with a little vinegar and sea salt...omgosh good!
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash! Cut into wedges, cover with some oil, herbs and spice and cook for around 30 or 40 minutes. SO good.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later.
  • meeper123
    Options
    Baby spinach chips must try that actually want all of these lol I love chips this is a great alternative :)
  • xxTracey
    xxTracey Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meeper123
    Options
    going to make baby spinach and carrot chips today :)
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have to second the kale and beet chips.

basic recipes

a little oil, course sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, bake until golden brown crispy and delicious :love:
  • MsMusicGA
    MsMusicGA Posts: 5
    Options
    Saving for later.
  • wanderinggypsy
    Options
    bump
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Kale Chips.

Chop Kale Chips in to the size of chips, drizzle and toss in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes.