Caloric intake ratio to exercise question....help??

Options
Hey peeps, I have a question regarding caloric intake to exercise ratio. I am still trying to shed this nasty fat around my tummy and butt/thighs. I have been working out at least 5 days per week for 2.5 months with healthy diet including my shakeology. My question is I have my calories goal on MFP set at 1300 per day, but sometimes burn up to 600-700 calories on my workouts. On days like that I increase my (healthy) caloric intake to match or be just shy of the calories listed so my body doesn't think it's starving. Is that what I am supposed to do? Or should I let there be a few hundred calorie deficit as long as I meet the 1300 calorie budgeted for that day? I am 5'10 and 153 lbs. Any help or insight would be much appreciated! I just want to be sure that I don't hinder the results that I am working so hard for.....

Replies

• natalie1508
    natalie1508 Posts: 11
    Options
    You are meant to eat back exercise cals, but I personally never eat the full amount as I've heard so many people say that they have gained weight doing this as they've over estimated the calories they burned. I'd say eat half of them unless you're hungry, then eat more. I do a Circuit class that boasts to burn 1000 calories and there's no way I could force 1000 calories into me after a full day of eating, so I tend to either eat a little more the following day.
  • Coco_782
    Coco_782 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I know am getting a little too scientific about it, but I don't want to waste time or spin my wheels...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Your body needs 1300 calories a day for basic function. If you eat 1300 and burn 600, you'll be at 700 net... your body won't be happy, and you won't have much energy or anything to maintain your muscles. If you eat 1900, and burned 600, you'll still have the 1300 your body needs, and it will burn the rest from your fat.

That's how MFP works. Why they don't make it clearer just beats me though.