over 300 lbs and want to lose weight!

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Tamara and I am currently over 300 pounds. I started my weight loss journey on March 18, 2013 @ 340 pounds and currently i have lost 19 pounds. I started off strong but I slipped up this week BADLY. I started eating a lot of candy and chips (my weakness) but I plan to start fresh this week.

Please feel free to use this forum for support and to encourage one another, especially of you're morbidly obese like me. I sure can use the support :-) I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Replies

• sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I weighed 323 pounds on 2-13-11 and I weigh 172 today. No surgery (because the only health insurance I have is my running shoes LOL) and without much in the way of support at home. It's a long hard battle, but I know that you can do this!
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi Tamara

I started out at 277lbs last February and what helps me is to think of my calories as a budget to be spent over the week. Most weeks, I'll save up calories for the weekend or a special event so I can have that day of eating extra. That way you get to enjoy the things you want to eat without the guilt as it's 'paid for'.
    What you mustn't do is let one bad day ruin your week, just rein in your calories for the rest of the week or get in some exercise to make sure your calories balance out.
    This process takes patience and perseverance, you won't always get it right but as long as the good days far outweigh the bad you'll head in the direction you want to go.
    Best of luck, this CAN be done!
    X
  • michellestaceyg
    michellestaceyg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can do this! There's lots of motivation on the site and it's very doable! Add me as a friend if you like for motivation :)
  • JAEGAmom
    JAEGAmom Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi Tamara!

I just started this on April 22nd! I was 328 pounds when I started! The first week, I lost 15 pounds! Then I gained a pound or two back the second week. This week, I have been back on and am down 17 pounds from where I started! You have to keep your focus... and if you lose it once in a while... tomorrow's always gonna be a new day! Start each day fresh and stay positive! You will do great!

This is one of the most challenging things I have ever done! But, it's possible! Keep thinking good thoughts and try to stay focused on eating healthy and getting some exercise! You can do this! And keep talking to folks on here! Friendship and support is key to success!!!

Best of luck to you! There are lots of great people on here to help you succeed! Looking forward to talking to you soon!

~April~
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi Tamara!

My starting weight was 336 pounds, so pretty close to your starting weight! I have now lost 75 pounds since September last year and am out of the morbidly obese category.....just obese now! :laugh:

Although I laugh, it's a start!

Best of luck and you can do this! :flowerforyou: