I am now a runner

Options
2»

Replies

• lucascmom
    lucascmom Posts: 14
    Options
    Isn't it an amazing feeling?? Welcome to the club! I LOVE it here. :flowerforyou:

I love your pic!
  • MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Options
    That is great.. Good job !!
  • justrun52
    justrun52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hurray! Like those who posted before me- welcome to the club!
  • barbiesnd
    barbiesnd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I agree! The only time you'd catch me running would be if someone was chasing me......

I started the c25k it's taking me longer (asthma and over 200lb's) but I did manage to "run" at a 5.3 pace for 15mins.

Anyone who's reading this "thinking I may try this" do it!! I am the poster child for "if I can run, anyone can"!!!!

OP well done!!!
  • kt3mac4
    kt3mac4 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! I've just been getting into running also. Always hated it, now I'm trying to sneak it in whenever I can! Such a good feeling!
  • mona_patty
    mona_patty Posts: 170
    Options
    that is a great achievement!!! it took me 2 months to run 3 miles Lol Keep going!! and congrats
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    Inspiring(: Maybe i'll start this!! Great job!! :flowerforyou:
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    You are a runner.
  • KiloGolf4
    KiloGolf4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congrats!

I have started to run more serious now also. Shin splints are not holding me back as much and now I can run for about a half mile before I walk and catch my breath up but then it's back to about a 6mph jog. I can finish a mile in less than 10min which is almost as good as I was in High School. I will check into the C25K program. Thanks! javascript:add_smiley('wink','post_body')
  • judtod
    judtod Posts: 85
    Options
    Wow. Inspiring.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Yay! I hope to get into running at some point this summer. Well done!!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I never though I would say that I am a runner. I have always hated running. Even in high school, when I was a decent athlete, I hated running. I started the couch to 5k program 6 weeks ago, along with some serious strength training, because I am running a tough mudder in October. I found the first week to be pretty easy, but the weeks following were much more difficult. My calves tightened up and were extremely sore every time I ran, but I never stopped. Eventually the soreness went away and by week five, I was running like a champ. I finished the 20 minute run at the end of week 5 two days ago and felt like I could go longer. So today, instead of moving on to week six, I just decided to see if I could run 3.1 miles (5k) without stopping, and I did. I ran 3.1 miles in 35 minutes. It felt amazing. That was the longest I have ever ran in my entire life. I still have over 5 months to train for tough mudder, and I feel like it will be a walk in the park now. I have lost 65 lbs, I have quit smoking, and I have trained my body to run over 3 miles in 6 weeks, I can do anything.

Fantastic story! You look great. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Wait.....did you lose 65 lbs in those 6 weeks??? That's awesome!
  • care916
    care916 Posts: 2
    Options
    that is awesome, you can do anything!! keep it up. you look great!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    This is amazing, I am starting a c25k program Monday and this is just what I needed
  • jadeevincent
    Options
    I love that you've lost weight, I love that you're a runner but most of all... quitting smoking!!! Congratulations on all your successes!!!
  • bobmail
    bobmail Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Isn't it an amazing feeling?? Welcome to the club! I LOVE it here. :flowerforyou:

Congrats and like the above poster, welcome to the club...it's addictive! :heart: running!
  • kloser2kona
    kloser2kona Posts: 15
    Options
    enjoy!!!
  • tldillard3
    tldillard3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! I find this really encouraging. My sister is REALLY trying to get me to run a mud run in October as well. Already have the C25K on my phone just haven't started. This is great motivation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!