Weight Gain Tips?

Options
Hello, I have always struggled with my weight. It seems no matter what I do, I am underweight! I know that it is unhealthy, and I assure you, I am not doing it on purpose. I am new to this site, but I have been making sure to eat the recommended amount of calories that myplate recommends, and I make sure to eat the amount of protein, and fat from nuts and tofu. I am unsure what else to do.
It might have something to do with my regular workout, but it is very light. I only do 30 minutes of walking every day, and 10 minutes of lifting, push ups, crunches and jump rope.

Any Suggestions? I want to do it in a healthy way! So please do not suggest eating fast food or anything like that. Thank you! :)

Replies

• Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:

I totally understand you not wanting to eat a bunch of junk to meet your needs. There are plenty of things that can help get you to your goals. First, don't eat fat-free or lite anything. Make sure you go with the full-fat options. (That is generally recommended, even for people like me trying to lose weight).

Also, try incorporating more calorie-dense healthy foods. Avocados, nuts, beans, brown rice, etc.

If you get full quickly, try eating smaller quantities (4-6 meals a day) of calorie dense foods. That way, you aren't eating a lot at one time.

Drinks are another way to get more calories in, but don't require a lot of room in your belly. Juices, protein shakes, milk, smoothies, etc.
  • talisheo
    talisheo Posts: 9
    Options
    Alright, I'll give all of your tips a go! Thank you for the help :smile:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Have you got an active job?
  • talisheo
    Options
    No, I am a full time Student
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Would you mind opening you diary?

You can eat some nuts, avocados, yogurt, etc they bump calories pretty fast.
    A protein shake would as well.

Welsome to MFP I used to have that problem when I was your age. Then my metabolism hit a damn wall.
  • talisheo
    Options
    My Diary has been unlocked :)

Thanks for the tips! I will try drinking protein shakes :)