• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Peanut-Butter-Cup-Stuffed-Oreos-1.jpg

That had better be soap in the cake.
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The trainer at the gym said if a product has more than 5 items on the label, do not use it, if it has anything you can't pronounce don't use it, and most of all stick with fresh as often as possible.

I would love to see more main course ideas. I get tired of the same old things. However, I work full time, don't get home until around 6pm, after spending time outside to get a little fresh air and exercise, it could be 7:30 before I get in to even think of dinner. I need easy, quick ideas for eating clean/healthy. The other issue is my husband is not only a picky eater, he has stomach issues and can't have any thing with any spice to it. I love spicey foods, but don't have time to make 2 separate meals. As it is he makes PB&J way to much, because he doesn't like what I made for dinner.

Any ideas here?
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Keris007
    Keris007 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have a booked called 'Clean & Lean' by James Duigan, which helped me to make myself clean and lean. There are recipes in the book as well as a recipe book you can buy separetely. The lifestyle of being clean is good for you and does work!
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    clean eating.com has some good recipes as well as eatingwell.com, I certainly reccomend graciouspantry.com

I just posted this in the clean eating forum
    Veggie Quiches
    4 chopped organic mushrooms (I prefer portabellos)
    1 sliced organic red bell pepper
    1 sliced green bell pepper
    1 sliced yellow bell pepper
    ¼ Sm organic onions
    1 10oz pkg frozen chopped organic spinach, thawed
    1 cup free range egg whites ( approximate 6 eggs worth)
    1 tbsp olive oil
    ½ tsp salt (or to taste) I probably use ¼ tsp of sea salt
    ½ tsp pepper
    ¼ shredded organic cheddar cheese
    Serves 12- 1 quiche each

1. Preheat oven to 350* degrees. Coat a twelve muffin cups with canola spray. Chop, mushrooms, bell peppers and onion.
    2. Sautee over medium-high heat mushrooms, bell peppers and onion until onion is translucent this makes them more sweet (original recipe does not call for this step I added it in)- remove from heat set aside and let cool for a few minutes
    3. Squeeze and drain spinach until as dry as possible.
    4. Combine chopped veggies and spinach with egg whites salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Scoop with a ¼ cup of egg and veggie mixture into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle eache with some cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until quiche are puffed and light brown, and a table knife inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The websites 100daysofrealfood.com and thegraciouspantry.com have some great recipes on them.

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/
    be careful with the 100 days of real food it popped up with virus on my computer
  • tenintwenty
    tenintwenty Posts: 92
    Options
    Clean eating can be super simple. There's nothing new or revolutionary about it. Just think of what your grandparents ate, and make meals like that. No need to bust out the food processor or make faux/vegan/raw anything if that doesn't fit your time / budget / cooking skills. Kids mostly like simple blander foods anyways. What does your family normally eat? Learn to make those simple dishes from scratch.

All of the following traditional family meals can be considered "clean eating" if YOU make them-- with real ingredients:
    Baked chicken or fish with rice or potatoes etc.
    Meatloaf
    Burgers
    Pasta (including mac and cheese for the kids)
    Lasagna
    Tacos

Just pick up a basic cookbook (even like Betty Crocker or something) and try some easy stuff.
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    get on Pinterest, or Foodgawker. You can find a lot of recipes.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Tagging so I can come back later :)
  • Junebugsc
    Junebugsc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Saving for later.
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely onto the fudge! thanks!
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    kaylindeschan - WOW!! thanks so much for sharing all those wonderful recipes. I was so excited to see alternatives to some things I've been struggling to find realistic ingredients for, realistic and not something wierdo and yucky in the end. I will add them to my recipe collection.
  • okiebug27
    okiebug27 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks....bump!
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bumping! These look delicious!
  • siciliancyclone
    siciliancyclone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds so amazing! How many pieces are you cutting the pizza into to get the 312 calorie count?
  • Bulldogmomma3
    Bulldogmomma3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ground-Beef-and-Green-Olives-Pizza.png

INGREDIENTS
    ¼ pizza dough
    ¼ cup tomato sauce (I used Eden Organic)
    100g mushrooms, sliced
    ¼ green bell pepper, diced
    200g beef from top round, ground
    ½ tsp onion powder
    ½ tsp garlic powder
    ½ tsp fennel seeds, crushed
    Pinch Himalayan or fine sea salt
    ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
    100g light mozzarella cheese, grated
    4 tbsp sliced green olives

INSTRUCTIONS
    Preheat oven to 500F.
    In a small non-stick pan that’s been preheated over medium-high heat, add ground beef, onion powder, garlic powder, crushed fennel seeds, salt and pepper and cook until beef turns nice and golden brown.
    Transfer the beef to a plate or bowl and add the mushrooms to the hot pan; cook until golden on both sides.
    Turn off the heat and reserve.
    On a well-floured surface (I like to use cornmeal), roll the pizza dough into a thin 10-12 inch disc and lay it on a baking sheet.
    Spread tomato sauce evenly on the dough; top with mushrooms and half the bell peppers; add ¾ of the mozzarella cheese, followed by the ground beef, the rest of the bell peppers and sliced olives.
    Finally, add the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
    Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and the crust starts to color on the edge.

Total calories: 312cal

How many servings?
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump! Lots of great ideas!
  • kaorumisako
    Options
    Clean eating is cutting off the fried, sugary, processed foods and refined carbs, such as white bread/pasta and rice. :)