OT_Need suggestions from moms

Options
My daughter has 'outgrown' a lot of her music and she asked me to make her a new cd. I cannot, for the life of me, think of anything age appropriate....she is 6 1/2. Any suggesions would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!!!!

Replies

• Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    My daughter has 'outgrown' a lot of her music and she asked me to make her a new cd. I cannot, for the life of me, think of anything age appropriate....she is 6 1/2. Any suggesions would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!!!!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    miley cyrus?

thats the only one i can think of lol
  • Katy009
    Options
    lol....is that a song or a singer....THANKS!!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    my daughter just turned 7-- she loves the Hannah Montana, and the Jonas brothers-- at walmart they have kids bop which is all the current pop music thats out and kids sing it-- I personally let my daughter listen to pop music without cursing-- but she really likes Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers- highschool musical has a soundtrack too
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    lol....is that a song or a singer....THANKS!!!

miley cyrus/ hannah montana are the same people and its a singer
  • Katy009
    Options
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU.........I will see if I can download some of that.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    It may be a bit dated, but when I was younger, I loved the Mary-Kate and Ashely soundtracks. Great songs!
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    How about the Cheetah Girls
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    We forget you're not "from around here"....:smile:

I used to pick up movie sound tracks from Disney movies. My kids are 23, 20 and 18 and they STILL listen to the Lion King.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Ashley Tisdale songs are some of Disney's and they are half ways decent for the poor parent to listen to in the car hehehe
  • Katy009
    Options
    We forget you're not "from around here"....:smile:

I used to pick up movie sound tracks from Disney movies. My kids are 23, 20 and 18 and they STILL listen to the Lion King.

LOL...yeah, I have not heard of any of these, but am finding tons of stuff already! When I was trying to think of anything I could only think of 70s music.....then I thought, geez, poor kid _ better get some suggestions!
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old listens to Radio Disney. They have "Radio Disney Versions" of the music thats hot currently. Plus, the plethora of teens and 'tweens that they sign to Disney Records daily. (or so it seems, I can't keep up:laugh: ) For the last 3 months we've been listening to Hannah Montana, The Jonas Brothers, Raven, Aly & AJ, and the soundtracks from High School Musical and Camp Rock. Some of it is kind of catchy lol. Hope this helps.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I taught grade 6, and the kids were very into "High School Musical" and that soundtracks (they are current in the last year or two).

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Katy009
    Options
    Wow....I have found tons of songs already.....thank you everyone!

If anyone else has anything, please let me know......I can never have enough music in the car for trips! And we are BOTH so tired of the old ones....my head is going to explode if I have to listen to anymore old disney tunes.....

Thanks Again! :flowerforyou:
  • kimmy666
    kimmy666 Posts: 56
    Options
    Does no one listen to Grease sound track any more :blushing:
  • Katy009
    Options
    Does no one listen to Grease sound track any more :blushing:

:wink: I DID download a bunch of grease......lol. Not sure if my daughter will like it, but I will!
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Im no help , my 7 yr old listens to all the music I do. He knows he isn't allowed to swear so it isn't an issue for us....