need new breakfast ideas!

Options
2»

Replies

• guitargirl53
    Options
    WOW! So many wonderful ideas! Thanks so much!
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I like to have an egg white omelette in the morning, but don't always have time to cook it on the stove - so I found if you put a little cooking spray in a good sized coffee mug and then through anything you want into it with the egg white and stir a little then pop it in the microwave to a minute at a time - usually takes 2 - 3 minutes, it is a quick way to make a good omelette with easy clean up.
    This is a fantastic idea! I'm going to try it tomorrow! It would also make it fit really well on na english muffin or bagel then!
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    I haven't yet tried this yet (at least the freeze and store part) but i would imagine you can make yourself homemade breakfast burritos that would be pretty good and filling for you! If you make your egg whites or eggs scrambled, a little bit of turkey bacon, some 2% shredded cheese, maybe salsa or diced veggies, and then wrap them up in aluminum foil and freeze. Reheat for when you have a breakfast burrito craving! Just a thought :)
  • bikinibrooke123
    Options
    My #1 favorite is 1/2 cup oats
    1 cup water
    1 tbls peanut butter
    Cap full vanilla
    1/2 sliced bananas

Yummm.

I'm gonna start buying fiber one pancakes like I use to and spread PB on them!
  • MizMeow
    MizMeow Posts: 16
    Options
    I have taken a liking to those "Green Monster" smoothies I saw on a message board. Pretty tasty, and I have been experimenting with additives. Keeps me full from breakfast on, and I have found at lunch I am not starving and can eat a healthy lunch without feeling cheated.
  • NinjaPrincess
    Options
    I make a batch of steel cut oats on the weekend and then reheat during the week with added pumpkin or fruit and cinnamon and flax seed for more protien I scramble 1/2 cup of eggs whites... its amazing i can eat all this for so few calories... and if i don't eat enough at breakfast i find i am hungry the whole day no matter how much i eat so I never miss my oatmeal :)