Do you tell or wait ???

Options
When you've lost a little or a lot, do you tell everyone or wait for someone to notice???

Does your partner, notice then tell you??

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kimmy666
    kimmy666 Posts: 56
    Options
    When you've lost a little or a lot, do you tell everyone or wait for someone to notice???

Does your partner, notice then tell you??

:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I wait. Otherwise, I'll feel like I'm getting forced praise. :smile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    For me, everyone who knows me well, knows I'm on a diet. I go eat with them, so it's hard not to tell. Anyone else, when they noticed, I just said, "yep, I'm working my *kitten* off".
  • Lara1985
    Lara1985 Posts: 14
    Options
    i wait, see if anyone notices, then i know myself that im doing a good job!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I usually wait. Exept when I hit the 10 pound mark, then I was so excited I told everyone! My partner tells me more and more because I am not noticing anymore. I am still focused on those problem areas, so I don't notice where I am slimming.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I usually wait because I want to know it's true because half the time during this journey I didn't see it but others did
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I wait ... and wait... and wait... and then figure well heck wiff ya if u can't notice anything ya loser :grumble: at least I know I'm hot :laugh:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I waited....I didn't tell anyone and finally people have started to notice. I did post this on here a while back, but my husband noticed the dog was getting skinny before me and said something about it....lol. Okay, so it wasn't so funny at the time. :grumble:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Wait.

Also, I always comment to people when it looks like they have lost b/c I know how hard it is to lose and how rewarding it can be when others take notice of all that I have accomplished!!
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wait. I like for other to notice. My husband want say anything. :drinker: :drinker:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    When I started this, I also joined my work's "Biggest Loser" club and all of my friends knew I was in it. So they'd ask about our weekly weigh-ins.

I teach 2nd grade and didn't tell the kids anything. I wanted so bad for them to mention it, and finally they did, THE LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL!! But the compliments from youngin's were amazing!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I weigh every week and usually tell my hubby and close friend...to keep me accountable I guess.even if I have a gain or a maintain..I just want to say it out loud, be done with it and focus on the next week.

But when it comes to anyone else, I don't tell them. Usually about every 4-6 weeks I will get more comments of "Wow, you've lost MORE!"....because those smaller losses suddenly added up! It's fun!!
  • Sherona
    Sherona Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I will tell my boyfriend but otherwise i wait and people especially at work are noticing like crazy. Everywhere i go everyone and EVERYONe has asked mi if i lost weight telling me i have lost SO MUCH weight. I have lost only 9 pounds but i suppose i have lost inches so it is really noticeble. It feels really good i tell ya!
  • kimmy666
    kimmy666 Posts: 56
    Options
    well done hun :flowerforyou:
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've told my friends that I am "going to the gym" and I tell my closest friend that I am trying to lose weight. Be prepared to wait a really long time--I just got the first "have you lost weight" question--after 30 pounds, and a dozen inches on my hips and waist! Some people are just dense. :grumble: