Clean Eating Recipes

Options

Replies

• christy7322
    christy7322 Posts: 31
    Options
    cleaneatingmag.com is also the site for Clean Eating magazine. Lots of family friendly meals. My family's fav is Sweet and Sour Chicken - it has a lot of veggies and pineapple, but I blend it up and the kids don't know what they're eating :)
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    chicken breast
    frozen vegetables
    teriyaki sauce
    ground pepper
    olive oil spray
    Stir fry together for 5-10

I will add more detail after.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I haven't made these in years but I used to eat them all the time:
    Pancakes

1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup of oatmeal
    1 egg

Blend, fry in olive oil, and serve with sugar free jam.

Now I just make pancakes with flour, milk , sugar, eggs and oil.
  • kandykar
    kandykar Posts: 5
    Options
    I make mock-pizza. Slice of wheat bread, tomato slices, and 1-2 slices of low fat cheese on top. Then I slide it into the toaster and voila!
  • Supershop2mom
    Supershop2mom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • txwarriormama
    Options
    The best way to make sure you are eating clean is to bite the bullet and cook from scratch. You control the ingredients, so you can choose real food instead of processed junk. Most anything can be made clean - we feed our kids things like tacos, sloppy joes, chicken strips, etc. - only we make them clean, from scratch, with wholesome ingredients. To make it really interesting, I also do my recipes without gluten, dairy, soy, yeast or peanut for my allergy child - it CAN be done. If you cook from scratch, you can also control the calorie counts better, because you can choose everything that goes in.

What kinds of things are you looking for?
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions and recipes, I can guarantee you all that I will be using everyone's recipes and suggestions. I am so excited. Tomorrow I will be making spaghetti squash and chicken parmagiana. I may just bake some bread as well, we will see.....
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Go buy the Eat Clean Diet cookbook;s by Tosca Reno, she has several out, they are excellent
  • yoyoma3
    yoyoma3 Posts: 15
    Options
    100 days of real food has amazing recipes, also foodbabe.com has some great recipes, too. It does wonders for your health, good for you!! :happy:
  • casie8
    casie8 Posts: 17
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • lauraleighsm
    lauraleighsm Posts: 167
    Options
    The best way to make sure you are eating clean is to bite the bullet and cook from scratch. You control the ingredients, so you can choose real food instead of processed junk. Most anything can be made clean - we feed our kids things like tacos, sloppy joes, chicken strips, etc. - only we make them clean, from scratch, with wholesome ingredients. To make it really interesting, I also do my recipes without gluten, dairy, soy, yeast or peanut for my allergy child - it CAN be done. If you cook from scratch, you can also control the calorie counts better, because you can choose everything that goes in.

What kinds of things are you looking for?

I second this! We made the leap about 2 years ago, and I was NOT a cook at all! We literally just pulled up the trash and dumped all of the processed foods. I didn't donate it bc the stuff is junk. We went organic to try and eliminate GMO's. I do some processed organic crackers for the kids, but I make the majority of our food.

Any recipe can be made clean. We make organic pancakes with all kinds goodies added in and freeze them for breakfast. My kids love them! I also love to grill out our meals, but I buy grass fed and organic. It's more expensive, but it's not that bad when you realize you are not buying goldfish, poptarts, doritos etc.

Another godsend has been the Vitamix. Changed our lives! We drink smoothies everyday and my kids get copious amounts of spinach and kale and have no idea!

My kids were the pickiest of pickers, but I made them watch Food Inc and explained that now that I know better that I could not feed the fast food and junk anymore. And they were okay with it!

Good luck!
  • Cairine63
    Cairine63 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the great looking recipes in this thread!
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Delicious Bump!
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Pick up any of the Clean Eating Magazine "best of" cookbooks. They have recipes on their website too. I have all 3 books, and I use book 2 the most often.
  • barbd70
    barbd70 Posts: 35
    Options
    bump
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Peanut-Butter-Cup-Stuffed-Oreos-1.jpg

Great, now I'm going to be thinking about this cookie all night.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    The websites 100daysofrealfood.com and thegraciouspantry.com have some great recipes on them.

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/
    I like them both, especially 100 days, as she gives a breakdown of most of the days and the struggles, and triumphs.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    I buy Clean Eating Magazine (Australia) which is chockers full of delish recipes. I have a few 'go to' meals that come from it. Due to budget restraints and my location (relatively isolated) I can't go full fledged CE. I still have to eat tinned tuna/salmon a lot of the time as well as a few other packaged food items, but we have certainly cut back a lot on the processed and pre-packaged food compared to what we used to be like. I'm finding making CE sweets and desserts hard, because a lot of it calls for things like coconut oil, sucanat etc which I don't find readily available in the local supermarket. I have to wait until I either go to a larger town or buy online.

Anyway, when I get time I'm going to go through and print some of these recipes out.
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    how many calories in these :) yummmmm
    DSC03940.jpg
    I'm on a bit of a brownie kick lately, so it's only natural that this is one of my favorites.

Chocolate Protein Brownies
    makes 6 low fat protein brownies that can be gluten free, wheat free and/or vegan.

1/2 cup quinoa flakes or rolled oats or extra 1/2C flour*
    1/2 cup peanut flour or protein powder
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1/4 cup gluten free flour/gluten free pancake mix/plain flour/whole wheat flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tbsp baking powder
    1/2 cup + 2 tbsps applesauce
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2C + 2 tbsp milk of your choice
    ~1/4-1/2 cup sugar (depending on your tastes)
    Optional: 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 180°C/355°F.
    Prepare a texas sized muffin tin (or ~10 regular sized muffins) or grease and line an 8x8 baking pan.
    In a bowl combine the first 6 dry ingredients.
    To dry ingredients, add in applesauce, vanilla, milk and sugar and mix until combined.
    If using, stir in chocolate chips and spoon out mixture into muffin cups or prepared pan.
    Bake for 15-20 minutes for muffins/20-25 minutes for bars or until set and the edges start to pull in from the sides.
    Allow to cool before slicing, eating, storing in the fridge or freezing.
  • DanniDingo
    DanniDingo Posts: 5
    Options
    My husband and I have been clean eating lately, for dinners we have had;

Baked fish seasoned with fresh lemon & cracked pepper or a steak with a side salad (lettuce, tomato, avocado, sprouts, light dressing)

Home made leak & potato soup

Veggie fritata (Potatoes, Kumara, Pumpkin, Spinach, Egg, Milk, Garlic, Onions, Thyme)

Red onion fritata (Red onion, Spinach, Garlic, Egg, Thyme, dash of Parmesan)

Lunches are just salad, snacks are fresh green beans or feijoas, breakfast is rolled outs.

Would love to see others idea's as the above if repeated over & over can get a bit boring!